xx

may 3, 2015. england.

louis wakes to a pair of soft hands gently massaging out the tension in his back. louis sighs softly, burying his face into his pillow. skillful fingers start working out the knots in his tired muscles. he feels his mum's weight sit down next to him on the bed and she kisses the back of his head softly.

her soft touches do wonders in relaxing him, making the difficult few weeks he has been having seem to fade away for just a moment. louis keeps his eyes shut, hoping to keep the tranquility of his environment right now for as long as he possibly can. this massage combined with the soft blanket he has himself wrapped in are the perfect distraction for him.

"morning, mum," he finally mutters sleepily after a few minutes of comfortable silence, so relaxed he is barely awake.

"not your mum, but we can always talk about it if this is a new kink you've discovered," a deep, slow voice drawls out.

louis jumps up and turns around, his eyes meeting the deep green ones that he had been longing for more than anything.

"harry, what the fuck?" louis gasps in surprise, throwing his arms around harry's neck, in disbelief that the love of his life is here with him right now. "am i dreaming? is this real?"

harry chuckles, burying his face into louis' shoulder. "of course this is real. i'm here, sunflower. i'm here."

louis' eyes start to water as he clings onto his husband like a lifeline. "you're here, you're actually here," he cries, unable to express his gratitude of finally being able to hold harry in his arms again. he thought it was going to be another month before they got to see each other again. every day, the distance seemed to be harder and harder to deal with, and he never imagined that harry would show up in his childhood bedroom out of nowhere. this is the happiest he has been in a long time.

harry starts placing kisses to the side of louis' neck. the comforting touch is everything louis needs. "i missed you so much, lou. being apart from you is so fucking hard."

louis finally loosens his grip on harry and pulls away from the hug just enough to press their lips together. both of them have been so deprived of each other during the past month, they have only been a shell of who they are. physically, their bodies have been apart, but neither of their hearts matched their locations. 

the pair kiss each other so passionately, trying to make up for the lost time. neither even care about louis' morning breath as their lips move together. louis hands tangle themselves in harry's hair and harry runs his hand up and down louis' back, until it finally comes to rest on his hip. both of their faces are wet with tears, but they don't care. every kiss between them is magical anyway, but this is on another level.

when they finally pull away, they stare deep into each other's eyes and louis runs his thumb across harry's cheek. "how are you here?" he asks softly, knowing there is no way that management would have agreed to this. part of him worries that this is just a dream and he's going to wake up alone, desperate for his husband who is so far away.

"i had a three day break, and then one day of writing, and then another two days off, so i called the writer i was going to work with and asked if we could reschedule without telling management so i could come home, and she agreed, so we have six days together that management never needs to know about," he explains. "i fly back on the eighth."

"thank you, thank you, thank you," louis repeats, still clinging onto harry. "i can't believe you're here."

"being away from you was killing me," harry admits. "i needed to see you. of course i wish i could stay with you until the tour starts up again, but this is better than nothing."