xxv

june 3, 2015. wales.

harry is woken by a loud knock on the door. he groans, not wanting to get up yet. he feels too warm and comfortable in his sleeping husband's arms to get up so soon.

sadly, the person on the other side of the door has other plans. they knock again even louder. "louis, harry, get your asses up," liam calls out. "i know you promised to be a pain in the arse, louis, but just get up."

even with all the ruckus on the other side of the door, louis remains fast asleep. he snores quietly, arms still wrapped around harry.

"go away, liam!" harry answers back, hoping that he'll go away and leave them alone.

liam sighs. "we have less than an hour until our meeting with management in the conference room downstairs. don't be late."

harry hears liam's footsteps fade away and he turns around so he can face louis. the sight of his husband sleeping so peacefully makes harry's heart flutter. he brushes aside louis' hair and kisses his forehead. "we have to get up, lou," he whispers.

louis groans and buries his face into his hands. harry almost coos at his husband's actions, but holds himself back, deciding it's too early to deal with a grumpy louis. harry spends a few more moments appreciating his husband's effortless beauty as he peacefully sleeps.

sadly, this moment can't last forever. harry kisses again and shakes his shoulder. "come on, sunflower. wake up."

louis shakes his head. "go back to sleep."

"nope," harry pulls himself away from louis, who mumbles out a protest, still half asleep. he pulls away the blankets and climbs out of bed.

louis scrambles to reach out for both the blanket, which is now out of his grasp, and harry, who is standing next to the bed doing some morning stretches. "come back," he whines, not feeling up to facing the day yet. all he wants is another five minutes pretending the world doesn't exist.

"we can cuddle more if we get ready fast enough to have time leftover before our meeting," harry negotiates.

louis unhappily climbs out of bed and drags his feet over to where harry is standing to wrap him in a hug. he's decided that if he can't cuddle with harry in bed, then he will just resort to cuddling with harry standing up. harry catches on, and after a moment of appreciating the hug, he nudges louis away.

eventually, louis complies and rushes to get dressed so that he and harry have an extra ten minutes in bed before they have to head out the door. they don't talk while they cuddle, they don't need to. nothing about the silence is uncomfortable or awkward. they feel at home in each other's embrace. louis is nearly asleep again by the time they have to leave.

hand in hand, they walk down to the conference room on the first floor of the hotel. management had booked it so they could go over everything the four boys need to know for the upcoming few months.

when they walk into the room, only liam and niall are already there. the representative from modest! is yet to arrive, which is good for them, because no one can harp on them for making everyone else wait around for them, even though they are perfectly on time. it wouldn't surprise them for management to do something like that.

louis rests his head on harry's shoulder while the other boys make conversation. all he wants is to go back to sleep. last night, he slept the best he had for a month. he didn't realize how tired he was until he could finally sleep soundly again.

niall, who was in the middle of telling harry and liam an anecdote about his time home in ireland, falls silent when the door of the conference room slams open. an older, burly man named harvey enters the room. louis quickly removes his head from harry's shoulder and sits up in his chair, not in the mood to be bashed for his display of affection with harry.