xii

april 17, 2015. california.

harry wakes up early in the morning with a moderate hangover. at first, he is confused. he rarely has more than a couple drinks at a time, and that never is enough to give him a full hangover. what made him drink so much last night?

harry reaches for his phone from the bedside table. he turns on his screen and squints at the brightness. he dims the screen enough to not hurt his eyes, and unlocks the phone. it is only 5:37 in the morning, which is an unusually early time for harry to naturally wake up at.

the only message he has is from his mum, who was wishing him a good morning and telling him to have a good day. that was always the first thing anne did when she woke up whenever harry wasn't home. sadly, that is most of the time. anne always wants to make sure harry knows she is thinking about him and that she loves him. harry has always appreciated those messages. it is always nice to wake up to a loving text from his mum. no matter what happens, it ensures that he knows his mum will always be there for him.

harry clicks on louis' contact, intending to send him a good morning text, when all of his memories from the night before come back. he sees all of the unanswered messages he sent to louis and remembers what happened. simon cancelled harry going home. that's why he was drinking. and probably why he woke up so early, since he started drinking early the night before. that would have meant he fell asleep earlier than usual. shouldn't this be the time louis contacts him most? why is he being ignored?

harry gets up and walks over to his bathroom. he shuffles through the cabinet to find a bottle of painkillers to take for his headache. once he downs a couple of pills, he heads back into bed, wrapping himself in his blankets.

harry grabs his phone again, going back to louis' contact and hits call. he prays that louis will answer, but his heart drops as the phone just keeps ringing, and ringing, and ringing, before finally going to voicemail.

"hi! this is louis. i'm busy right now, but you can leave a message after the beep and i'll call you back!" the sweet sound of his husband's voice rang out through the phone's speakers. the phone beeps and starts recording.

"hi, my sunflower. it's me. i'm starting to get really worried about you. i know the news from simon yesterday was really bad, but he can't make me love you any less. i'm going to call management later to try to get them to let me come home. i won't give up. i'll always keep fighting for us. i'm really worried about you, lou," harry's voice finally breaks. "please at least text me or something to let me know you're alright. i love you so much. please call," he begs.

harry hangs up the phone and throws it onto his bed with a groan. he is desperate for a call from his husband. even a text would work. anything. harry just needs to know that louis is okay.

louis has been having a tough time lately. harry knows that. with zayn leaving and management being up their asses, he knew louis was being pushed close to his limit. that was quite evident in the number of cigarettes he goes through in a day. because of louis, harry now finds some comfort in the smell of smoke, but now, it's getting to be a lot. louis' unhealthy habit is getting worse, and harry knows it's a coping mechanism for his stress. sadly, there is only so much he can do. especially when he's stuck in a different country.

he shoots another text to liam, again asking how louis is. harry knows they were having a writing session together today. it's now nearing 2:00 in london, so they should at least be in their writing session right now, maybe even on a break. he knows that liam likes to get an early start, while louis would rather cut off his foot than wake up early, so they usually settled on having their sessions begin in the late morning. if louis won't text him, liam should at least, right?

you're all i wantजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें