x

april 14, 2015. london.

"alright, tommo," liam begins during his and louis' writing session with jamie scott. "yesterday, we wrote using my inspiration. today, it's all you. nothing too cheesy though."

louis rolls his eyes at liam. "you know, i was going to suggest something else, but because of that statement, we're going to write a love song to harry, and i want you to be the one to sing it to him," he pauses to think for a moment before changing his mind. "actually, never mind. i'd get too jealous."

liam groans. "harry this, harry that," he mocks playfully. "i can't even get a break from him when he's not even here."

"oh piss off, payno. every time you complain will only be making it worse for yourself."

"you're in love. i know. and so does literally everyone else. you're not subtle, mate. do you know how many times i've caught you eye-fucking mr. harry styles in interviews and on stage?" liam jokes. "it's a miracle that not everyone knows."

louis shrugs. "not my problem. you should feel lucky that harry distracts me so often. imagine how much i'd fuck you up without his distraction. you might see some of that today."

liam's body involuntarily shivers at the thought. he gets enough water poured on him as it is. "you're right. the full force of tommo needs to be toned down. you definitely need harry to control you."

jamie scott, the writer the two are currently working with played a few chords on his guitar, waiting for them to stop arguing, finding some amusement in their friendly banter. finally, louis begins discussing his ideas for the song.

"so, i wanted to write about harry, shocker there," he begins with a chuckle. "i wanted to write about coming out in a way and finding the person who makes you feel right and whole, kinda like they're home. he makes me feel like home," louis explains, a small smile on his face as he thinks about his husband.

"that's actually a pretty good line," jamie notes. he hums a short melody. "make this feel like home."

"i was stumbling looking in the dark with an empty heart, but you say you feel the same. could we ever be enough? baby we could be enough," louis softly sings as he picks at his guitar strings a little.

"that's genius!" liam exclaims. "how about we have that melody go a little more like this?" he sings the notes to a slightly different melody that sounds even better than how louis sang it.

"it's alright calling out for somebody to hold tonight," louis writes as his mind drifts off to harry. harry is the reason he is comfortable with himself at all. with all that management has put him through, harry has been the one who makes him feel alright and guides him out of the darkness his mind loves to put him in. "when you're lost i'll find a way i'll be your light. you'll never feel like you're alone."

"i'll make this feel like home," jamie finishes.

the trio work through the song until they are left with a finished product titled home that louis is very proud of. he walks out of the writing session with liam feeling accomplished and happy.

"that was a good one you wrote today, mate," liam praises. "it definitely could be a fan favorite."

louis beams. "thanks, payno. i really liked it too. i think songwriting is the thing i'm kind of decent at."

liam nudges his shoulder. "don't put yourself down like that. you're great at writing, just like you're great at singing. the band would be screwed without you."

louis shrugs. "maybe," he replies. both boys know he doesn't believe it though. the two walk in silence for a few minutes, heading to a local park where they can play some footie for a few minutes before going their separate ways. louis pulls the football out of his bag and kicks it towards liam, who kicks it back.