xxxi

august 5, 2015. new jersey.

the day after louis' baby was confirmed in an interview with good morning america, he and harry lay in bed together after their show. is a difficult time for both of them. as much as he tried to hide it, harry was visibly upset during the interview, and it killed louis to have to pretend to be buzzing about a baby that he wasn't going to be having with harry. it's hard to act like everything is okay, when they are hurting so much on the inside.

the crowd at their concert that night was electric, as always. they had played that stadium before, and the new york city crowd was just as incredible as expected, but it was obvious that louis felt down for the entire show.

the boys noticed, of course, and even some of the fans. liam spent quite a bit of time throughout the show trying to cheer him up, or at least distract him enough to get through the show. niall did what he could as well, but he didn't understand the full emotional hardship that louis is going through. in the public, louis had to be fully reliant on liam until he could get to harry.

sometimes, louis is an expert at hiding his emotions, but tonight, harry could read him like an open book. it was breaking his heart that he was not allowed to do anything for his husband while they were on stage. he had to pretend to not notice his husband's pain. he hates that.

as soon as they arrived back at their hotel, harry and louis cuddled together. harry could see the thoughts running through louis' head at a million miles per hour.

it's hard for him to look forward to anything during a time like this. they have a new song out and a new album on the way. that should be something they're excited for, but that is not at the front of their minds.

"it's nice to see the fans having such a good reaction to this new song," louis mentions, pointing out the one good thing going on. he wants to keep harry talking about things that make him happy. keeping the fans happy is important to them, even if they have other things going on.

"you're right," harry agrees. "it's great that we still have so much support, even with zayn gone. i'm proud of us. we all did good with this one."

louis wraps his arms around harry's waist and pulls him closer, so that harry is laying on his back and louis is on his side, clinging to harry with his face buried in his chest. harry wraps an arm around louis' shoulders.

"i hope they don't start hating me," he admits.

"what?" harry questions, not understanding where louis is coming from. "why would they hate you?"

"because only a few months after eleanor and i broke up, i meet this new girl and instantly knock her up. of course it's fake, but they don't know that. they're going to think it's real and that i'm neglecting briana and the baby," louis explains.

harry sighs. "one day, they'll know the truth, my sunflower. one day."

louis takes a deep breath and stays silent. it turns out, briana actually is pregnant. she has an actual boyfriend, and they were already planning on having a child together, but the child wasn't conceived until about a month ago. such perfect timing for management's cruel plans.

management had went out and deliberately found a woman who was hoping to become pregnant that would be willing to pose as louis' partner to the public. it was the perfect plan. they would get paid more than enough to make sure the child would never have to worry a day in their life, while also trying to shut down any rumors that might pop up about louis and harry. louis can't imagine what kind of person would be okay with their girlfriend pretending their child belongs to someone else for money, but who is louis to judge? it's not like he has a say in what happens to him anyway.