ii

february 27, 2015. japan.

the next morning, harry wakes to an empty bed and the sound of shuffling from the other side of the room. his eyes squint to get adjusted to the sunlight shining through the window curtains.

"lou?" he mumbles, half-awake and just hoping his husband is coming to rejoin him in bed.

louis walks over to the bed and presses a soft kiss to harry's forehead. "i'm sorry, love. management wants me to get papped having breakfast with eleanor. it's been a while." he sighs sadly. "hopefully i'll be back soon."

harry frowns. "can't you skip? it's early. come back to bed," he asks hopefully, but knowing what the answer is going to be.

"i'm sorry. you know how they are, h."

"hmm," harry hums, grabbing louis' hand and pulling him down on top of him. "5 minutes?"

louis chuckles at the puppy-dog eyes harry gives him. "5 minutes," louis agrees, settling down next to harry once again.

"i hate that they make you do this. it's not fair. zayn's never had to hide his relationship or fake date anyone. it's not fair."

louis' heart breaks at the sadness in harry's voice. "i know, love. i wish it wasn't like that. i wish i could stay with you in the mornings as late as i want, and then go out to breakfast with you, not caring if the paps see us. i wish i could show them all how much i love you and not have to worry about what anyone thinks." louis feels tears begin to form. he pushes them back and clears his throat. "i love you, harry. you're my everything."

harry smiles. "i love you too." he presses his lips to louis' shoulder and holds him, enjoying every extra second he has with his husband. "tell el i said hi, okay?"

"of course. don't miss me too much while i'm gone." louis winks and pulls himself out of bed.

"i'll be heartbroken without you,"
harry says with a dramatic sigh.

louis giggles and gives harry one last kiss. "i'll see you soon, love."

"bye, lou. love you," harry calls as louis walks to the door.

"i love you too."

louis gently closes he door behind him and makes his way to the stairway, which at the bottom, his beard, eleanor, was waiting.

eleanor's face lit up as soon as she saw louis arrive. she instantly pulled him into a tight hug. "how are you doing, lou? how's harry and the rest of the boys?"

louis couldn't help but smile at her. even though she's his beard, eleanor has such a sweet personality, and they became friends as soon as louis stopped resenting her for working for management. when they first met, it was right after the first time simon completely shamed him for being gay, so he hated everything to do with simon and pretending to be straight. it was only a few weeks later when he realized that it wasn't eleanor's fault, and that she was just doing it for a huge paycheck from management. she needed the money to get her through university, as well as paying medical bills for her sick grandmother. louis came to realize that if it wasn't eleanor, it would have been some other girl, and he was lucky to be with someone who actually cared about him. louis quickly became friends with eleanor. she always did what she could to make him comfortable in the shitty situation, and he was able to forget that he was going out with a beard by just enjoying being with a friend.

"i missed you, el. i need you to help keep the boys in check. you know how rowdy they can get," louis says cheekily, wrapping his arm around her shoulder, a friendly gesture that wasn't romantic, but it was close enough for the paps.