as soon as harry steps through the front door and the heat hits him, he realizes just how chilly it's getting outside. it's only the beginning of november, but they are back in england, so the sun is not in the picture anymore. harry sets the drinks and pastries down and makes his way upstairs to their bedroom.

louis woke to the sound of a door closing downstairs. his tired state has no interest in finding out what it is. maybe someone is breaking in. louis wouldn't care as long as he got to have a few more minutes in bed. he rolls onto his stomach, burying his face into his pillow, not wanting to get up. he reaches an arm out to harry's side of the bed wanting to cuddle, but is disappointed to feel nothing there.

frowning, he turns his head and opens his eyes, to be faced with an empty space in the bed where his harry is supposed to be. the bed is too cold now. he doesn't have too much time to worry about where harry is, because seconds later, he is opening the door to their room.

"morning, love," louis mumbles, sleepily.

"good morning," harry responds back. "i have a surprise for you," he says as he pulls off his sweaty shirt, chuckling as louis' eyes go directly down to his chest.

"hmm, i must say i like this surprise," louis says, sitting up to get a better view of his husband. "waking up to a strip tease is exactly my idea of a good time."

harry rolls his eyes at louis' flirtatious comments. "funny, but i'm not the surprise."

he makes his way over to the closet to pull out a clean shirt. he'll shower after breakfast, but for now, he just wants to be out of his sweaty running clothes.

"woah, woah, woah," louis interrupts harry as he goes to put the new shirt on. "what do you think you're doing?"

harry raises an eyebrow, not knowing what louis is talking about.

"leave the shirt off," louis instructs, actually climbing out of bed to stop him.

harry can't help but laugh at his lover, amused by his actions. even though louis is focused on harry's body, harry can't help but find him to be completely adorable. the way louis caresses his bare chest so carefully, and looks at him like he is the most beautiful thing in the world. he makes harry feel so special.

louis fingers eventually trace their way up to land on harry's chin and he stands on his toes to reach to fit his lips onto harry's. the kiss is so loving and soft, harry melts into him and never wants to pull away.

sadly, though, they have hot coffee and pastries waiting for them downstairs, and harry had planned to enjoy them before they got cold. they should probably go to do that soon.

he pulls back from louis' kiss and takes hold of louis' hand. he decides to leave the shirt off, not wanting louis to stop being infatuated with his bare chest. he doesn't mind, of course. he thinks it's cute. he likes the attention. he also doesn't mind that louis, who is just wearing one of harry's shirts that is significantly too big for him and pants, makes no attempt to put on a pair of trousers.

hand in hand, the couple make their way downstairs, where harry leads them towards the kitchen. louis' feet drag as he walks, showing that according to louis' internal clock, it is too early to be awake. his yawn looks like one from a tiny kitten. harry loves it.

harry leads louis to where the pastry bag and cups of coffee are placed on the kitchen table. louis' face breaks out into a wide grin as he recognizes the logo on the bag, a smile that reaches all the way to his eyes. there is little harry loves to see more than this pure joy in his husband, and he loves being the reason for that happiness even more.