·CHAPTER 12· 2/2

She didn't talk with Chris the whole drive to Derek's house, and when they got there, he passed her a gun, not even looking at the girl while she followed him to walk by the side of the house. When they got to the front, Kate was there, pointing a gun at Scott's face while Allison was on the ground, and a few feet from her, was an unconscious Derek with an arrow impaled on his leg and he looked like he was bleeding from a gun wound on his chest. He was fucked. 

"Kate" Chris called and she looked at the man and the girl approaching her, him and Olivia with a gun in hand and pointing at the woman that was pointing at her best friend. 

Kate, Scott and Allison whipped their heads at the two of them standing there, but Kate didn't even flinch and was still pointing at Scott's face. 

"I know what you did" he said and all of them saw the woman briefly looking at the burnt house in front of her and looking at her brother again "Put the gun down" he warned her.

"I did what I was asked to do" she tried to justify her actions.

"No one asked you to murder innocent people" he shook his head at her "There were children in that house. Ones who were human. Look at what you're doing now" he looked at her gun barrel pointed at Scott "You're pointing a gun at a sixteen year-old boy with no proof he's spilled human blood" Kate only blinked at him "We go by the code: Nous chassons ceux qui nous chassent" 

"We hunt those who hunt us" Allison whispered to herself, translating the code.

"Now" Olivia finally said and Kate looked at her, slightly amused "Put that gun away from my best friend's face, before I put you down" 

Kate tilted her head slightly and started to slowly pull at the trigger and Olivia, just to make her words enter the woman's tick head, she pulled the trigger in Kate's direction, hitting the tree just behind the woman, making her flinch and Allison jump scared.

Kate looked at her brother, that was still holding a gun at her and didn't seem like he was going to stop the girl, so she looked again at Scott and started to slowly pull her gun down and away from him. 

Everybody turned their head at the sound of the door of the house cracking open, and Scott got to his feet, now with glowing eyes and all the three hunters with guns pointed at the direction of the door, while Allison scrambled to get up with her bow in hand. 

"Allison, get back" Argent said.

"What is it?" she whispered, looking at the door slowly opening.

"It's the alpha..." Scott said, looking at the darkness beyond the door and ready to fight.

A fast blur started to run past them, first knocking Argent down, while Olivia looked around, trying to find where Peter was running so she could shoot him. Next one to fall was Scott, then Allison and then herself. She hit her head on the ground, gun flying from her hand while her head spinned and her ears buzzed, making her breathe heavily, trying to inhale air so she wouldn't pass out. She heard muffled gunshots sounds, and she must have been lying there on the ground for at least two minutes, because the next thing she knows, she is being shaken by Allison.

"Olivia" she whispered to the girl that groaned, blinking fast and trying to make sense of her surroundings. 

She heard a loud growl coming from inside the house, and she looked at Allison that had tears on her face and her nose was red from crying. Before she even got up they heard someone smashing the window and wall from the house with their body being thrown out. Scott landed on the ground, rolling on the leaves and dirty. Then, it came the alpha, fully transformed and bigger than she had imagined he would be, but nonetheless still looking like a monster.