·CHAPTER 1·

The fact that Olivia Visser hated the forest of Beacon Hills with a passion, but somehow, always came back to it at least once a week was something she didn't understand at all.

But why, when she already spent so much time in that forest with her dad learning the family business and how to defend herself, did she actually say yes, when her two best friends came knocking at her window at midnight to find a dead body in said woods?

Stepping in leaves and mud on their way to the middle of the woods, while the spatic best friend was ahead of her and the asmathic one was falling behind clinging to his inhaler on his hood pocket.

"We're seriously doing this?" she heard Scott saying behind her while she stopped waiting for him to catch up with them.

"You're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town" Stiles said pointing the flashlight he was holding in their direction and grinning.

"I was trying to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow" he said a little disappointed while still following them, and Olivia had to hold her laugh to not offend her best friend.

"Right!" Stiles says still walking ahead of them "Because sitting on a bench is such a grueling effort" he said, sarcasm dripping on every word and Olivia had to roll her eyes.

"That was not nice Stiles" she said walking to the boy's side and saw him roll his eyes while she smacked him on the back of his head.

"No, because I'm playing this year. In fact, I'm making first line" Scott said catching up to them and Liv had a small smile on her face admiring her friend confidence in the abilities she was mostly certain he didn't have.

"That's the spirit, Scott" she said to him.

"Yeah!" Stiles said and Olivia was mostly certain that a sarcastic comment was coming right after "Everyone should have a dream, even a pathetically and unrealistic one" he said laughing a little.

"Just out of curiosity, which half of the body are we looking for?" Scott asked changing the topic of conversation and the girl looked at Stiles with curiosity, because he never shared this information with his two best friends.

The way he stopped a little and had a confused look on his face, told her that he didn't know either.

"Huh! I didn't even think about that" he said recovering fast from this bit of information he was now thinking about.

"And what if whoever killed the body is still out here?" she asked saying what she was now thinking about and getting chills on her spine.

"Also something I didn't think about" he admitted shaking his head and she had to close her eyes for a second so she wouldn't strangle her best friend.

"It's comforting to know you've planned this out with your usual attention to detail" the girl said while they climbed a little hill.

"I know!" Stiles said like it was something to be proud of.

"Maybe the severe asthmatic should be the one holding the flashlight, huh?" Scott said out of breath, leaning on a tree and shaking his inhaler ready to use it, while Stiles and the Olivia climbed a little more and he followed right behind.

Stiles fell on the ground and pulled Olivia with him as soon as he spotted the police and their dogs far ahead of them.

"Turn it off!" the girl said frantically to Stiles while he tried to turn off the flashlight he was still holding and Scott fell right next to her, wheezing a little, looking at the commotion ahead with his friends.

"Hey, come on" Stiles whispered while pulling the girl up and running ahead while she followed behind.

"Stiles! Wait up! Stiles!" she heard Scott say and the adrenaline started to pump into her ears from running in the woods following her spatic friend and his half assed plan of finding a dead body, and then, it started to weight on her how careless this was.