My Greatest Dream (Hijikata Toshirou)

Start from the beginning

"Toshi, I'd like you to meet Rei-chan." (Y/N) started off, gesturing to the kid. "She's 3 years old! Rei-chan, come on and introduce yourself."

"Hi mister!! My name is Rei!" Rei quickly spoke before turning back to eating her ice cream. Hijikata sweat dropped and scratched his cheek.

"O-Oh, I see. My name is Hijikata Toshiro, b-but you can call me Toshi!" Hijikata offered, trying his best to be as friendly as possible to the kid in order to gain her favor.

"....HijiTaka? HijiKaka? HijiTata?...." Rei seemed confused as she tried to call out Hijikata's name.

"....She's not my kid, you know." (Y/N) giggles when she sees Hijikata squirm nervously in his seat once the conversation died down. She could tell he was really trying hard to appear friendly to the kid, and she was getting a good laugh at it.

"W-What?!"

"She's my cousin." (Y/N) roared with laughter when she saw Hijikata's jaw drop in surprise. "I've been asked to baby sit her since her parents are both at work today." (Y/N) explained as she gently patted Rei's head to which the girl giggled happily at.

"You won't mind if we take her along with us on our date, right?" (Y/N) asked him unsurely, but Hijikata nodded. "No, no. I don't mind! It's totally fine!!" Hijikata says, and then he turned to Rei.

"Where do you want to go today?"

-

"Wow!!! The blacky-whitys are so cute!!!" Rei squeals childishly as she leans forward to look at the animals.

"Blacky-whitys?" Hijikata turned to (Y/N) with a quizzical look. "That's what she calls pandas. Cute, isn't it?" (Y/N) looked at Hijikata and quickly pecked his cheek before turning to Rei.

"Rei, what do you wanna go see next??" She asks the little girl who bounced excitedly.

"The pengys!!"

"Alright, let's go see the penguins!" (Y/N) cheers, holding unto Rei's hand but then Rei wriggled her hand out of her grip and turned to Hijikata.

"HijiPapa raise, raise!!" Rei pouted, puffing her cheeks out as she lifted her small arms to Hijikata.

"H-HijiPapa?!" Hijikata blushed crazily, taken aback by the kid's unexpectedly cute nickname for him.

"Hmm, she still has troubles pronouncing unfamiliar names. She wants you to put her on your shoulders. Rei likes feeling tall." (Y/N) explained, as Hijikata nodded and gently lifted Rei to sit on his shoulders.

"B-But why HijiPapa....J-Just call me Toshi." Hijikata blushed and looked away when he heard (Y/N) giggle at him.

"Oh, you're so cute, Toshi!~" She swooned, as she stood beside him. "Now, come on."

After a while of walking around, and being mistaken for a happy family. (Y/N) and Rei were sitting on the bench waiting for Hijikata who went to buy them food.

He spotted (Y/N) with Rei's head resting on her lap and he smiled. 'I'd love to have (Y/N) as my wife...and then we'll have kids...and then- AHH!! Stop, y-y-you're thinking too far ahead, Toshi!!' Hijikata shook his head and finally approached her.

"Hey, I've brought foods." Hijikata says as he sat beside her and then (Y/N) turned to him with a frown. "Toshi, Rei-chan's running a fever. I think we might have to postpone our date." She says with an apologetical look.

"What?! A fever? Let's get her checked out immediately!!"

"I've got some medicine at home. I think she'll be more comfortable there, can you help me carry her, Toshi??"

-

"How is she doing?" Rei's parents come in with a worried look. As they followed (Y/N) into the room to fetch Rei.

"Her fever has gone down, and she'll be alright. I guess she was just too excited at the zoo today." She says as she escorts them back to the front door, Rei now in the arms of her father.

"Bye bye, (Y/N) Mama, HijiPapa!~" Rei sleepily waved goodbye as her parents were walking out. Hijikata and (Y/N) stood side by side as they waved goosbye to Rei too.

"Ah, what a tiring day!~" (Y/N) sighs happily as she plopped down on the couch right next to Hijikata.

"It certainly was..." Hijikata lowly groaned, as he placed his arm around her to pull her into a hug.

"But, thanks for today Toshi." She says, gently wrapping her arms around his torso to hug him. "I know it's been a while since we had time to ourselves, I'll try and make up for it sometimes." She smiled and looked up at Hijikata.

"I'm fine with whatever as long as I'm with you." Hijikata placed a kiss on her forehead and smiled. "You know....someday, I'd like it." Hijikata muttered lowly as he looked away.

"Hm?...."

"I'd like to have a family.....with you. Someday....We'll get married and have our own kids. Having a family with you, and marrying you- is my greatest dream." Hijikata smiled genuinely at her and (Y/N) blushed as she hid her face on his chest.

"Idiot... Just being with you for the rest of my life is my greatest dream...."

"Also...." (Y/N) added as she looked up and cracked a huge grin at Hijikata. "HijiPapa sounds so good!"

"Wha- Idiot!" Hijikata blushed and flicked her forehead.

-------------------------------------
AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Yahoo for HijiPapa! Hehe shirabubblebutt here u go! Hope u like this! Sorry it was bad! But, I did my best! Most of my fever is gone now! Just a little headaches but I'll be fine. I'm close to a full recovery, haha! ♥️

Thank you to everyone who was so worried and concerned 🥺 Bisha-chan promises to work hard and give you all cute, heart warming stories!! ♥️ Thank you all so much and I love you all!!