You're My Mess (Hijikata Toshirou)

"Ah!" (Y/N) hisses when the knife made contact with her finger, creating a small wound and enabling her blood to flow out. She frowns as Hijikata looked up from his paperworks and towards her. "What happened?" He asks, as she just shook her head and went over to find the first aid kit.

"Nothing. I just injured myself a bit." She giggled nervously when Hijikata sighed and placed his papers down. Patting the space next to his, he took the first aid kit from her hands and started cleaning her wound. (Y/N) smiled happily at him, "What?" He gruffly asked, glancing at her before he started bandaging it.

"Nothing. You're so reliable, Toshi!~" She giggled, "That's only because you're so clumsy. Jeez, you're the Shinsengumi's Doctor yet you get yourself injured like this?" He spat out as he closed the first aid kit but still didn't let go of her hand.

"Try to be more careful, alright? I don't want to see your beautiful hands injured." Placing a soft but quick kiss on her injured finger he let go of her and placed his attention back on the paperworks he had to finish.

"Toshi....You're so cute!~" (Y/N) happily yells, wrapping her hands around his neck and tackling him down in a bear hug. "Oi! Let go- I have paperworks to finish!!" He yells as he tried to pry her off of him. "I love you, Toshi!" She places a quick kiss on his cheek before continuing to making dinner.

"Ah! It's hot!" (Y/N) screams as soon as she returned to the kitchen and Hijikata sighed, "You're too clumsy."

Ever since they started dating, Hijikata oftenly stayed over at her place. Using the excuse that 'it would be bad for a woman to stay all alone in the night' but the truth was he just wanted to spend as much time as he could with her. Kondo had agreed because (Y/N) lived near the Shinsengumi's Base since she is the Doctor there. Besides, the Shinsengumi Officers were thankful because Hijikata wouldn't be able to wake them up in the early mornings as he usually did.

Only since then, did Hijikata find out how clumsy she actually was. The other members of the Shinsengumi spoke of it before but he wasn't always around to see what actually happened. He remembered one time when he went to the infirmary to bring her some food and he found her treating Saito who apparently sustained wounds when (Y/N) accidentally tripped while holding a tray full of sharp objects.

"(Y/N)-chan, could you bring over the papers there?" Kondo calls from the meeting room, they were going to discuss usual Shinsengumi stuff when (Y/N) came by from the infirmary since no one was there. "Of course, it's the least I could do to help!" (Y/N) beams, picking up the huge stack of papers with ease.

Hijikata watched her intently as she strode over, she was a clumsy woman. And like in every fanfic, she trips over nothing! The papers were about to fly over along with (Y/N)'s body falling to the ground when a hand shot out and wrapped itself around her waist, steadying her up.

"Be more careful, nee-san." Okita sighs nonchalantly as she regained her balance and managed to save the papers. "Oh, sorry! Thanks Sou-chan!~" She laughs now bringing the papers over to Kondo's table. (Y/N) didn't notice the glare Hijikata shot over to her, but Okita did.

'Oh? This is interesting, I think I can torment Hijikata-san in some other way- with the help of (Y/N)-nee-san.' Okita smirked devilishly as another idea spawned from his sadistic thoughts appeared in his head. He shot Hijikata a smirk and Hijikata's glare hardened.

"Tch, Damn brat." Hijikata clicked his tongue when (Y/N) tapped his shoulder. "Toshi, I'm heading out to buy supplies, anything you need?"

"No. Nothing."

"Alright, then. I'm off!~"

When she returned, she didn't know Okita had a whole lot of things in set for her. (No, not that kind of stuff- this is Toshi's story)