You Are My Sunshine (Takasugi Shinsuke)

The other night dear, as I lay sleeping.
I dreamed I held you, in my arms.

"Shinsuke, let's sleep?" Takasugi turns to see (Y/N), already in her futon. She was smiling ever so gently at Takasugi as she patted his futon, right next to her. A small smile made it's way to Takasugi's lips.

"Are you that eager to sleep with me, (Y/N)?" He teased her as he got into his futon. "Idiot, Shinsuke, you and I both know why," (Y/N)'s voice sounded solemn as Takasugi wrapped his strong arms around her smaller figure, embracing her in his warmth.

"Don't worry, with me here with you, there's nothing that will hurt you." Takasugi whispers softly to her ears, words of comfort. "Thank you, Shinsuke. I love you."

"And I love you as well..."

When I awoke dear, I was mistaken.
So I hung my head and cried.

Takasugi opened his eye to the lonely room of his quarters in the Kiheitai's ship. He glanced at his side to see the empty space on the bed going cold. "What a distasteful dream," Takasugi frowned as he turned to the other side to see a picture frame of the (H/C) haired girl.

"You still visit me in my dreams, (Y/N)?.." He let out a soft chuckled, but a scowl was placed upon his lips as soon as his chuckled died down.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy, when skies are grey

"Shinsuke, look at that scowl on your face!" (Y/N) scolds Takasugi as she pinched his cheeks. They were on watch duty, so they were on top of the roof of their base, gazing at the grey skies.

"Stop it! Who would want to smile in the middle of the war?!" Takasugi slapped her hands away playfully, making the female pout. "Everyone? Especially you- commander of the Kiheitai! To raise the morale of your troops!" She grins as Takasugi sighs.

"Come on, smile once just for me. Please?" She pleaded but Takasugi didn't budge. "Meanie." She huffed as she punched his arm and drawed her fist back in pain. "Ow!"

"Pfft! How weak are you?" Takasugi lightly chuckled, a small smile slipped through his lips. This was the side of Takasugi that only (Y/N) could see, no one else would be able to be this casual with Takasugi as she could.

You never know dear, how much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.

"(Y/N)...Won't you withdraw from this  battle?" Takasugi grasped her hand, they were about to rush in and raid an enemy base. (Y/N) was with him, and the rest of the Kiheitai members.

"Shinsuke, I've made my decision when I chose to follow you, Gintoki and Zura. There's nothing that will scare me so long as I am with you." She says as she brings his hand up to her cheek. She smiled warmly at Takasugi.

"I know but...I love you too much to lose you....You're my sunshine in this cruel world, you brighten the path which I walk on." He says as he leans his forehead on hers. "Come on, don't worry. Nothing will take me away from you." She says as she pats his back and they turned on their guards.

I'll always love you, and make you happy, and nothing else could come between

"Shinsuke....if I ever die, I want you to be happy alright?" (Y/N) suddenly brings up, they were watching the night sky as they lay on top of the roof. When (Y/N)'s words alarmed Takasugi.

"What are you saying?" His voice was quiet and calm but she could still tell that he was somehow angry. He never liked it when she brought up that topic.

"Nothing...Just, I want you to be happy. I love you so much, Shinsuke." (Y/N) shook her head and leaned her head on his chest to assure him. "Don't say stuff like that idiot. Nothing will come between you and I. I won't let that happen." He wrapped an arm around her gently.

"Because I will always love you, no matter what." Takasugi says, with a determined voice. Takasugi was true to his words‐ (Y/N) was the one that Takasugi would never forsake, even if the whole world is against them, he would fight them all for her sake.

He loved her deeply, so much. That if the day comes - god forbids- that she would be taken away from him, all hell will break loose.

But if you leave me, to love another. You'll have shattered all of my dreams

"(Y/N)!!" Takasugi's voice roared through the battlefield. He looked away for a second and she was gone, his heart started beating faster in anxiety. What if something had happened to her? He spoke about how he will always keep her safe and that she should fear nothing with him by her side. But where was he now? Some promise he gave her.

"Calm down, Shinsuke. I'm okay!" She yells appearing in his view, with Gintoki behind her. "Gintoki?..." Takasugi furrowed his eyebrows when Gintoki glanced at him. "Gin, saved me. It's alright, I'm here now!" (Y/N) yells as she ran towards him.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy, when skies are grey.
You never know dear, how much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.

"(Y/N)...I'm sorry." Takasugi whispers softly to the thin air as he sat up on his bed. They were on Earth so Takasugi made up his mind to visit her, it had been years after all.

"Ah, Shinsuke-sama!" Matako calls out as he passed by her. "Don't follow me." His words were cold and icy. "Leave him be." Bansai placed a hand on Matako's shoulder.

Takasugi even went out of his way to buy flowers for her, and then he went to where she was. Takasugi sat on the ground, placing the flowers on her gravestone he smiled lowly.

"I'm here again this year, (Y/N). Sorry for not visiting often." Takasugi says, as he looked down. Without even uttering another word, he cried. Takasugi never cried- that was what everyone thought.

But the truth was- he had nothing left to cry for. Everything he treasured and valued in this world was taken away from him, right in front of his eyes. He had no tears left to cry, because he cried his heart out when she was taken from him.

Takasugi died, when (Y/N) died. And she had taken his heart and his emotions with her when she bid this world goodbye. "Don't worry, you won't be alone soon...Just wait for me there, alright?" He looked towards the bright blue sky.

"After I fulfill my promise to you...." Takasugi closed his eye, remembering the promise he made her back in their days of the olden.

"Shinsuke, do you think we will ever see the dawn of a new japan? To see those heavenly blue skies with our own eyes, along with our friends and comrades by our side?...''

"But you know, Shinsuke. That isn't my true wish. My true wish is a bit selfish- My true wish is to open my eyes in the morning light, and see you by my side."

"(Y/N), I will show you the dawn of a new japan...I will fulfill my promise. I will right the cruel world that has taken my sunshine away. Without my light, nothing shines the path that I walk on."

---------------------------
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Awwww, Takasugi ♥️♥️  Anyways, this is oki_doki_todoroki's request! Here ya go! Hopefully you like it! Thanks for the request!

Requests still open! ♥️♥️♥️