Never Letting Go (Sakata Gintoki)

(Takes place on the Scandal Arc)

"(Y/N), You're not coming with us?" Gintoki asks the (H/C) haired female who was currently putting on her shoes by the entrance of the Yorozuya House as she prepared to head out.

(Y/N) is Gintoki's one and only childhood friend who now lives with him and sometimes helps out with his Yorozuya Business- but most of her time she works at the Shinsengumi as their nurse.

She was a self taught medic, abilities she needed to somehow help those injured back then at the Joui War. Since, she never received a proper education for the medical field, no hospital would accept her- Luckily, the Shinsengumi were cheap and refused to hire a professional doctor.

"No, sorry." (Y/N) frowned, as she paused what she was doing to turn to the silver haired man. "I have to sort out a bunch of new herbs and medicines that I received at the Shinsengumi. If I do finish early, maybe I could catch up." She smiled at him.

"Don't drink too much, or you might end up doing something you'll regret, Gin." (Y/N) reminded as finally got her shoes on.

"Alright...Have a safe trip...." Gintoki dejectedly spoke in a low tone, he was looking forward to spending some time with her too.

"I'll be off now!" (Y/N) lightly huffed, sensing the man's hesitation to let her go so she pecked his cheek. With that, she disappeared through the doors. "Gin-san, we're all ready!" Shinpachi and Kagura appeared behind him.

"Ehh? (Y/N)-nee isn't coming with us?" Kagura asked, and only received a low grunt from Gintoki. "Come on, I wanna go drink."

Thus- their celebration had begun, and Gintoki was completely oblivious to the major event that would take place the next day after.....

----

(Y/N) hummed lightly to herself as she enjoyed the morning view, she was leaning outside on the railings at the front of the Yorozuya House.

"Oh, Gin! Hey, I just got back, I had to stay over night because of the medical......" (Y/N) trailed off when she noticed the gloomy look on the man's face.

"(Y/N)....." Gintoki placed his hand on her shoulder and looked her in the eye. "Can you kill me? Put me out of my misery?...." He depressedly says as he turns to lean on the railing.

"What? No, I can't!!" (Y/N) gasped, and looked at him worriedly. "Then, maybe I'll go commit suicide." He looked away with dull red eyes even more dead than his usual dead eyes.

"Hold on, what the hell happened while I was working?" (Y/N) says as she shook his shoulder, trying to get the man to look her in the eye.

"(Y/N), you'll kill me if you know....If you're gonna kill me anyways, why not we try a double suicide? Hahahaa....." Gintoki airily laughs as if he's lost his mind, eyes turning upwards looking even more duller now.

"What? Gin, you're not Dazai Osamu. Get a hold of yourself!" She slapped his cheek with the back of her hand. "You okay now? Tell me what happened!" She demanded again and Gintoki let out a long, deep sigh.

"You were right, (Y/N). I shouldn't have gotten drunk, I made mistake- really bad mistakes." Gintoki looked down, as he nodded along to his words.

"I've slept with them, (Y/N)."

"Them? Uh.....who? Wait- what do you mean you slept with them?!"

"Gran.....Otae....Sachan....Tsukuyo...Kyubei....I'm done for, hahaaaa....."

"WHAT?! YOU DID WHAT?"