Smile For Me (Takasugi Shinsuke)

2 days ago

"Say....Zura, have you ever seen (Y/N) angry?" Gintoki asks, in a low, bored tone. They sat at the roof, Sakamoto joining in finding their topic interesting. Their gazes fell on (Y/N)'s figure as she was talking with a bunch of guys in front of them.

"(Y/N)?...No, as far as I can remember she never got mad, or angry, or frustrated. If you had to ask me, she's like sensei." Katsura nodded as Sakamoto stared curiously at the lovely female called (Y/N).

"I bet (Y/N)-chan would look really cute when she gets mad." Sakamoto gushed excitedly as he laughs. "Hey, should we try and get her mad?~" Gintoki says as he wiggled his eyebrows teasingly at the three.

"Are you idiots? No, that was wrong. You are idiots." Takasugi sighs, coming up behind them. "What? You wanna join in too, Takasugi?" Sakamoto teases him as Takasugi sighs.

"(Y/N) doesn't get angry. Even if she does, she'll only smile and laugh it off. If you try to get her angry you'll be digging your own graves." Takasugu shook his head disapprovingly.

The actual reason he said those words was because he simply didn't want to see (Y/N) angry. As Gintoki said, none of them has ever seen (Y/N) get angry, so it was safe to say that they didn't know what she'd do if she actually got angry.

If she cried, Takasugi wouldn't be able to forgive himself for knowing the idiot's plans and not stopping them. Guilt would eat him alive and would even probably haunt his dreams.

The female known as (Last Name) (First Name) was the brightest person in there. She even beats Sakamoto with how optimistic she could be, like Sakamoto she only saw the good sides in everything.

The men started calling her their goddess because she was easily able to lift their spirits and morale up with simple words. She was just this ball of sunshine that everyone completely adored. When it came to her, no one would be able to say no straight to her face.

She was dangerous. She could even make Takasugi bend to her every whim so easily. Everyone had a soft spot for her. Especially Takasugi.

He found her as the only pure thing in this rotten world. Nothing else mattered to Takasugi as long as he knew she was safe and sound. That's why they had assigned her as the medic instead of taking her with them to the battlefield.

Present

"All ready?" Gintoki asked in a serious tone as Katsura and Sakamoto nodded. They were in the room which the 5 of them shared. Gintoki's first plan was to mess up the room on purpose, hoping the female would get ticked off and show them her irritated face.

"I have nothing to do with this, alright?" Takasugi sighs, crossing his arms and leaning on the door frame as the three started messing around with their futons and stuff. Making a complete mess of the room.

"(Y/N)! Gintoki and Sakamoto did something!" Katsura was assigned to call for help. Gintoki and Sakamoto nodded at each other before jumping out of the window and secretly peeked inside. "What happened, Kotarou?" She came in.

"The two were messing around in here. Look at what they've done! Doesn't it just get you irritated?!" Katsura had seriously great acting skills as he placed his arms on his hips in an irritated gesture. Secretly glancing at her carefully watching her expression.

"Well, they are always like that I guess," She chuckled softly. "What would they do without me here?" She smiles as she started cleaning up the mess. "O-Oh, right..." Katsura muttered disappointedly as he walked away.

"You're too soft on them, (Y/N)." Takasugi comments while she was cleaning up and he was just watching her. "No, I'm not." She hummed in response. But Takasugi sighed at her.

A few hours later, Gintoki devised a new plan. (Y/N) loved drinking chocolate milk, therefore she had a stash of it ready. They waited for her to drink it. As Gintoki planned, she did.

As soon as (Y/N) walked in, they entered swiftly and casually as if they weren't planning something in their minds. (Y/N) didn't mind them as she took out a mug and placed it on the table. But as she turned to take her beloved chocolate milk, Gintoki swiped the glass from the table and threw it towards Sakamoto.

"Hey! That's dangerous!" She warns as she tried to catch it but the three of them kept throwing it back and forth, they were actually surprised they hadn't dropped it yet. "Takasugi, catch!" Sakamoto yells throwing the mug towards Takasugi who had just entered the room.

Not hearing Sakamoto's words the mug hit Takasugi's head and broke into pieces, causing blood to run down from his wound. "What?...." Takasugi hadn't process what had happened yet when suddenly (Y/N) spoke.

"That's enough!" She yelled in a voice completely different from her usual one. Even Takasugi flinched at the tone she had used. "Playing around and messing around is fine and all but it isn't when someone gets injured!!" She yells as she when turns to the three who had frozen in place.

"If you want to get wounded go play with swords. If you three do something as stupid as this again. I'll make sure you get wounds that won't ever heal." She threatened as the three ran away scared, (Y/N) lets out a small sighs as she worriedly turns towards Takasugi.

"Come on, Shinsuke. I'll clean your wound."She beckoned him over into the room and started patching up his wound with a worried expression. "I've never seen you that angry before." Takasugi comments as she looked at him and sighed.

"Normally, I wouldn't get that worked up but....because it was you, I couldn't help it." she confessed, Takasugi's eyes widened at her confession. "What are you saying?"

"Nothing! Look at your face, Shinsuke! All I've ever seen on your face is that scowl." She smiled, pinching Takasugi's cheeks after she bandaged his head.

"No woman will come near you, it's a waste of your handsome face! So why don't you smile for me, huh?" She grins, she was back to her happy go lucky self, a complete 360 from her serious and scary self earlier, which probably traumatized Gintoki, Sakamoto and Katsura– serves them right.

"Well, I don't need any other woman." Takasugi smirked, as he grabbed her hand.

"You're the only one I need." He says as he grabbed her chin and leans in to kiss her lips. When they both pulled away due to lack of air she saw a beautiful sight.

Takasugi had a faint smile on his lips. He looked even more handsome, making her gape at him.

"You smiled!"

"No, I didn't!"

"Shinsuke, do it again!"

"I said I didn't, and I won't."

——————————

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Okkkaaaaay, I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote this. pinecest15, I hope this is good enough, I'm sorry.