Mess Up My Mind (Hijikata Toshirou)

"(Y/N)-san—!" Hijikata's eyes slightly widened in excitement when he spotted the (H/C) haired woman walking a few distance from him. He was on a boring patrol as usual with Okita who had gone off god knows where, probably planning his murder.

He was about to call out to her but then he stopped midway when he saw that silver haired samurai he detested so much standing right beside her.

"Tsk, him again. Why is he always around her?!" He clicked his tongue angrily, hiding behind a pole so (Y/N) won't see him.

They seemed deeply engaged in a conversation. Hijikata's eyes took notice of how bright and eccentric her eyes were every time she looked at Gintoki, it was as if he was the only thing she could see.

He slowly brought his hand down and let out a disappointed sigh. As much as he wouldn't want to admit it, he was jealous of Gintoki. The bastard was always around (Y/N), heck— they lived together!

"Hijikata-san, Hijikata-san—" Okita called out to him, Hijikata turns around to see Okita form a heart with his two hands, before a sadistic smile appeared on Okita's lips as he slowly ripped the heart in two.

"WHY YOU— COME HERE, SOUGO!!"

---

"Sougo, you go get Kondo-san." Hijikata turned his head towards Kondo who was getting beat up by Otae with a frying pan. They were in the Shimura Household to fetch their stalking commander.

Hijikata spotted Shinpachi and he thought this was his chance to ask something regarding (Y/N). "Oi, kid." Hijikata shortly calls out making Shinpachi furrow his eyebrows as he walked towards Hijikata.

"Uh, yes?...."

"......" Hijikata looked nervous as he looked around to confirm that Okita wasn't anywhere near them. "A-About (Y/N), ehem." Hijikata cleared his throat to mask his growing nervousness.

"Is she....dating anyone?" Hijikata asked leaning closer towards Shinpachi, eager to wringle some answers out from the poor kid.

"O-Oh, you mean (Y/N)-nee?" Shinpachi awkwardly laughs as he pushed his glasses up. "I don't think she isn't, but why?"

"N-Nothing!! I just realized that she and your Boss are pretty close huh? Ahahhahaaa." Hijikata laughs, bringing one hand up to scratch the back of his neck nervously as his eyes darted around.

"Well of course they'd be," Shinpachi looked up in complete wonder and crossed his arms. "They've been together since they were kids, Gin-san said he grew up with (Y/N)-nee by his side." Shinpachi says as Hijikata's soul flew out of his mouth.

"Hijikata-san?" Shinpachi waved his hand in front of Hijikata's eyes, noticing how the male froze in his steps.

"O-Oh, I see.....So....She and that permhead are— childhood friends....." Hijikata nodded as he brushed past Shinpachi, in a daze.

"T-That means he has seen what (Y/N)-san looked like when she was a kid, damn that lucky bastard!" Hijimata clenched a fist and cursed under his breath.

"AH!" He gasped loudly, "So, that's why she defended him that time—!" Hijikata says as he remember what happened when he was at war with the Mimawarigumi.

"They might be getting all the glory, but we landed the jackpot." Hijikata smirked as he opened up the police car.

"Don't you think so, Shiroyasha-san?" Hijikata smirks, Kondo, Yamazaki and Sougo behind him as he opened up the car door to reveal Gintoki with hand cuffs on his hands.

"I knew there was something fishy about you. I never dreamed you'd be a big name Joi like Katsura."Hijikata humoured as Gintoki nervously smiled.