You'll Be The Best! (Hijikata Toushirou)

Three Months Earlier

"Toshi....Mhm—Not yet." (Y/N) rolled around, shielding her eyes from the sunlight Hijikata had let into their room in order to wake her.

"(Y/N), it's bad to sleep late." Hijikata warns her as he got dressed. She rolled around again, using the covers as a shield against the cool breeze flowing in.

"Might I remind you,Toshi?You exhausted me, last night!" She huffed, while Hijikata's face blew up in embarrassment.

"Still, we have work! But I still have to get up early,We—still have to wake up early." He corrected as he puts his black uniform on.

(Y/N) sighs as she stood up, stretching her limbs—Though she was naked, Hijikata wasn't flustered as he had seen her body multiple times.

"I feel sick," She grumbled as she walked into the shower. Hijikata hears her throwing up inside and he worriedly came to check on her.

"You alright?"

"Just some aspirin and I'll be fine—I might've drunk a bit too much last night." She waved her hand as Hijikata sighs and places a gentle kiss to her forehead.

"I have morning patrol, I'll be back soon," He mutters before he went away leaving (Y/N) alone in their room.

Present Time

"Shimaru—Could you carry this to the table, please?" (Y/N) kindly asked the orange afro captain, who kindly took her tray over to their table, while she got a few more food for herself. "Isn't that...a bit too much food, (Y/N)-chan?" Kondo sweat dropped when they saw the abundant food (Y/N) was taking in.

"Oh, I skipped dinner last night because I was treating the guys who got caught in one of Katsura's bomb." She explains as she devoured her food.

"(Y/N)-nee-san, don't you think you've been putting on a bit of weight lately?" Okita says as he squinted his eyes at her. At his remark, (Y/N)'s eyes went wide.  "You think so too, Sougo!?"

"Cut it out—Don't believe that idiot, he's just trying to scare you," Hijikata assured her as she sighed in relief. "Oh right—Toshi, I'll be tagging along with your mission later." She hums as Hijikata raised an eyebrow at her.

"Who said you were?"

"I did," (Y/N) fired back as Hijikata sighs and massaged his temples. "Your reason?"

"Cut off the branch before it hurts you—in other terms, to lessen the damage. I didn't wanna go over time again." (Y/N) grumbled as Kondo laughs loudly, while crossing his arms.

"AHAHAHAH! Let her be, Toshi! It must be hard for her to treat this many men since she is the only medic we have." Kondo says as he patted Hijikata's back.

"You're staying with me." Hijikata sternly says as she smiles innocently at him.

"Yes, yes—Whatever you say!~" She hums as she finished her food and stretched her arms.

"I have to go now...It's only lunch but my body feels really tired." (Y/N) sighs. "Oh, then—Take this, nee-san." Okita calls out to her holding out a chocolate lollipop—Her absolute favorite. 

She eyes the sweet for a while before she stuck her tongue out in disgust. "Too sweet," She shook her head. "You have it," She declined and Okita gaped.

"Nee-san never rejected her favourite candy...What's wrong with her?" Okita mumbled as he tilted his head to the side in wonder.

Present Time,At the Sanroku Inn