Chapter 42 : Drowsy

Katniss POV

His lips press against mine and I feel it. I feel his hunger and depth in the kiss. Peeta was always so sweet and gentle like I would break. I suddenly pulling away to slow it down. I look away and bite my lip again. I guide my attention back to the movie but don’t pay attention. All I can realize is his leg still rubbing against my calf. The movie ends and my room goes black without the light from the screen. I feel his thumb graze my cheek and thankfully the lights are off so he can’t see me blush. Before I know it he rolls off the bed and out my door. I frown and fall onto my chest. I plug my laptop in and crawl to the top of my bed. I fall asleep with a smile. 

I wake up so confused for today. I get dressed in a red sweater with zippers on the side. I throw on black tights and a black leather skater skirt and black high top converse. I put my hair in a high ponytail with two pieces hanging out and curled. I put on a bit of makeup and stuff my purse. I head downstairs and grab an apple cinnamon muffin to go. I drive over with Prim to school and step outside. All of a sudden I am pinned to my car door and lips are pressed against mine. I open my eyes and see Peeta. I push him off me but he keeps me pinned. I squirm to get out move under his arm and walk away. He grabs my hand but I snap it away. I stomp to the school and strait to my locker. “Give me another chance please!” he says after me. 

“Why should I?” I say and turn to face him. 

“Because I love you.” he says. 

“I told you not enough. My heart was shattered by you.” I say and wipe my tears. I slam my locker once I’m done and head to class. Mason walks in and smiles at me. I give him a quick grin and then look back to my book. Hopeless is not helping today though. He sits next to me and rubs my hand sending butterflies to my stomach. I never got butterflies with Peeta. I need to stop comparing them though.  Will I always do this? I shake it off and continue with my page. 

“What’s wrong?” he says. 

“Peeta.” I mumble. He awkwardly shifts in his seat at the mention of his name. School goes by and I drive home silently with Prim. I step inside the house and Mom and Plutarch are huddled around a laptop. I look around them and see them looking at hotels. “What’s that for?” I ask grabbing a bottle of water. 

“We were making plans for Thanksgiving break and Winter Break.” Plutarch says. 

“We were thinking of going to Los Angeles for Winter Break but we are still debating on whether or not we should travel during thanksgiving or not. What do you guys think?” mom says. 

“I wanna stay here for thanksgiving.” I say. 

“Me too” Prim says.

“Okay then it’s settled. We stay here for Turkey day.” Plutarch says and shuts the laptop. I run upstairs and text everyone my plans. 

Kat- Hey guys no plans for turkey day, LA for winter break :)

Fin- no thanksgiving destination but I am going to miami for christmas

Clo- Cato and I are staying home for both ;)

An- home and home

Glim- florida and paris :D

Mas- home and laguna

Kat- everyone but Glim obviously can come with their families to my thanksgiving, well if my parents say yes

I put down my phone and run downstairs. I ask my parents about the big friends and family Thanksgiving. They say yes of course and I tell my friends its good to go. Everyone agrees to come and I can’t wait. Next week is Thanksgiving and we only have 3 days of school this week and then the rest off. I am so excited for the break. The week goes by quickly and the weekend I spend at home working on a project with Glimmer, she makes really pretty poster. We get an A on the report that was due Tuesday. I wake up Wednesday morning with a slight headache. I shrug it off and change into a hot pink soft t shirt, a white sweater, and dark boyfriend cut jeans. I throw on white vans and my hair in a loose bun with light makeup. I pack my bag and grab some breakfast. I halt when I see the thing mom made. There is a line of fruit kabobs made and look up to see Prim with the same confusion. I shrug and pick one up taking it to my car. I drive over nibbling on my fruit. I step outside and head to the bench. There isn’t any room left to sit so I stand and talk. All of a sudden someone’s hands are on my waist and I’m pulled onto someone’s lap. I laugh and look at the face. I see it is Mason and blush. I don’t know if I like him that way or just as friends or if I’m even ready to date people yet. We head to class when the bell rings and I stand up quickly. I stand up a little too quickly and get a head rush making my headache worse. I stumble and grab Mason’s shoulder for support. “You okay?” he says. I nod.

“Head rush on top of a headache.” I say with a slight smile. He helps me walk to our first class. I sit down and try to push the pain out of mind for the lesson. I trudge to my locker trying to avoid loud noises and bright lights as I walk to my locker. I see the familiar boy leaning against my locker and I step and roll my eyes. “I am really not in the mood to talk to you.” I say. 

“I miss you.” he whispers.

“I know.” I say. He grabs my face and looks into my eyes. He just stares.

“I miss your eyes.” he says. I want to tell him so do I but I can’t give him that satisfaction. I break his gaze and spin to open my locker. His hands slide down to my waist and he pulls closer to me. I can feel his breath on my neck but I don’t feel the chills anymore. He kisses my neck and I let him but I don’t show enjoyment. I grab the rest of my stuff and slam my locker shut wincing at the pain it gives my head. I nudge him off but he won’t go.

“She wants you gone.” I hear a familiar voice say. Peeta turn and looks at him and scoffs.

“Is this a new boyfriend?” he asks me.

“Does it matter? It’s not any of your business, you’re not my boyfriend anymore.” I say and walk away to my next class. The day goes by painfully and I drive home rubbing my temples. I step inside and go strait to the medicine cabinet. I grab the headache syrup after finding the pill bottle empty. I drink about half which was probably not a good idea. I start to feel a little woozy and decide to take a walk and get some air. I end up inside Finnick’s house. I yell his name and stumble over a chair. He runs downstairs and laugh at me. “Why are you laughing Finny?” I ask.

“Are you drunk? Or high?” he asks. I laugh and shake my head. 

“No I just took some migraine meds but maybe just a teeny tiny bit too much.” I say showing how much. He grabs my shoulder, looks around and sits me down on the couch. I hear him yell up to someone but don’t catch the name. Then I hear someone run down the stairs and look up to see Peeta. I gulp hard and groan as I fall back on the couch. He plops down next to me and rubs my thigh. My jeans have rips in them so his fingers slide under. I turn my back disgusted by him. He pulls my back down and lays me down on his lap. I cover my face and he plays with my hair. He pulls my hands away and kisses me upside down. I try to push him off but his grip tightens on me and scares me. I screech  little and yell Finnick’s name behind his lips. I am kicking my legs and my vision begins to change. I look up and see three Peeta’s instead of one and hear echoed footsteps from behind. Peeta is pulled off me and I stand up urgently. I look up and see six people, three Finnick and three Peeta. I grab the couch for assistance and watch as Peeta walks out of the house. Finnick gives me some bread and water and eases me back to the couch. I eat and drink what he gives me and begin to feel a little better. He picks me up over his shoulder and carries me home. Prim opens our door and I am sat down on the kitchen counter. I kick my feet and feel the rest of the meds ware off. Finnick says bye with a wave and a laugh. I hop off and skip up to my room. I shut the door and fall onto the bed and right into a deep sleep.