Chapter 5 : Relationships

Katniss POV

I stand there shocked. Glimmer and Marvel are standing on the beach at the starting point full on making out. I knew it would happen at some point but I am still shocked. I look at Peeta and he has the same shocked facial expression. “What should we do?” I ask him.

“Wait until someone else comes and see what they do..?” he says confused.

“Okay”

“Let’s sit, it may be a while,” he says. I sit down next to him and look at the ocean. The sun is setting and Peeta points towards the sunset. “See that orange color right on the horizon?” he asks.

“Yeah? It’s the same color as my bathing suit.” I say.

“Well that is my favorite color.” He says.

“My favorite color is forest green. When my dad died my mother went into this trance kinda thong and I had to provide for my family so I learned how to hunt. I was in the forest so much that it was comforting so that’s why its my favorite color,” I say

“Wow, you’ve gone through a lot.”

“Yeah but my mom remarried and its a lot easier now. Do you think someone will be back soon?”

“I don’t know. But, I’m enjoying myself right now. Sitting watching the perfect view,” he says.

“Yeah the sunset is really pretty tonight”

“Its okay but I meant you” he says. I start blushing like crazy.

“Peet-“ he cuts me off with a kiss. He grabs my waist and pulls me onto his lap. Whoever finds Glimmer and Marvel will also catch us. But I don’t care. I thought I was the one with a crush but I think Peeta feels the same way. He flips us around so he is on top of me, our lips never coming apart. Then I hear a scream. This shocks us and we pull apart. It was probably another person being found so that means one more person left to find. I look over and see Glimmer and Marvel sitting and talking. I guess the scream pulled them apart also. We wait in silence until Clove and Cato come running over towards the other two so we walk over also. “Hey guys I guess Annie is the only one left” I say with a smirk.

“Yeah, anyone know where she is hiding?” Cato asks.

“I might know” I say. With that everyone follows me. We catch Finnick still looking so he joins us. I grab Finnick and point him towards the bush Annie is hiding in. He creeps around behind her and scares her. She jumps up and looks to find us all laughing and staring at her. “I told you it was a good spot,” I say

“Yeah but you didn’t have to scare me like that!” she says angrily. FInnick helps her up and we go to play truth or dare again. Clove sets it up so its a mix of spin the bottle. She sits down and starts. It lands on Finnick. “Truth Odair?” she says.

“Very clever. Dare.”

“I dare you to kiss Annie” she says. They kiss and both blush. I seems like he takes the offer too easily. I give her a stare. 

“Alright, I guess everyone will find out eventually but.. Finnick and I are officially dating now!” she says. They both laugh and intertwine their fingers. I cannot believe it finally happened. 

“Oh and Marvel and Glimmer are hooking up also,” I say with an evil grin spreading across my face. Glimmer’s mouth drops and she stares at me with disbelief.

“How did you-“ she begins to say but I cut her off.

“Peeta and I saw you guys on the beach” I say. 

“Well you caught us!” She says and goes over to give Marvel a peck on the lips. 

“I’m gonna go grab a soda, does anyone want something?” I say. Everyone says their good so I get up and go. I hear footsteps behind me. 

“When will that be us?” Peeta says.

“What do you mean?” I ask my back still turned to him.

“Well obviously there is something between us.” He says.

“I have never had a boyfriend or even a crush. It’s hard for me to love anyone after my dad died and my mom blanked out for half my life. I had to practically become a mother at the age of 12 for Prim to stay alive.” I say a single tear drooping on my cheek. I quickly wipe it away too afraid of what Peeta will say or do I keep my back to him.

“I would never hurt you or leave you. I know you have had a rough past but that doesn’t matter. I know you feel something and now that I have you I am never letting go.” He says. No one has ever said something like that to me. 

“No one has ever said something like that to me.” I repeat out loud.

“I have never felt this way about someone before. I am willing to take a chance if you are.”

“I am.” I say spinning around to finally face him. With that he walks towards me and our lips crash together. It is the most passionate kiss I have ever had. It is filled with lust and love and I am caught up in the moment when I hear the door creak open. I pull away and look towards the door. I run over and open it. Everyone has fallen away from the door looking in aw. 

“That was the sweetest thing I have ever seen!” Glimmer squeals.

“I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!” Annie yells. There are other shouts about our new found relationship then Finnick speaks up.

“Hey Kat sorry to hear about your dad and mom and everything. 

“Oh yeah thanks.” I say turning red. I didn’t think anyone was listening. “Just forget about it its no big deal I have gotten over it.” I brush off all the sad looks. “But yeah I guess Peeta and I are… dating…?”

“You got that right.” Peeta says with a huge smile. 

“I’m gonna go on a walk. I just need some air.” I say heading out of the kitchen. 

“I’ll come with you.” Peeta attempts.

“No I just need to think this whole thing through by myself. Don’t worry I’ll be fine. You can watch me out the window if you want.” I say pointing to the window where you would be able to see me by the direction I plan on walking towards. I head out and grab my jacket. It’s still early fall so it isn’t that cold but it is night time so the sun isn’t out. I start to walk to clear my head and think about what just happened. I have my first official boyfriend. I had one in third grade but that doesn’t really count. What was his name? Something with a G? Was it Dale? No it was Gale… oh my gosh. I stop dead in my tracks. It’s the Gale. The one who locked me in a closet. How is that even possible. We “broke up” because I ate the ring pop he gave me. He was a little obsessed with me after that. I guess he never forgot. That whole thing just got a lot creepier. I pass by a gap in between houses and see a shadow walking in my direction. I start to take a step backward but I soon realize who it is. My eyes go wide and I am scared of what is going to happen next.

------------------

I would really appreciate some feedback!

Thanks!