Chapter 36 : Take Off

Katniss POV

We are driving to this place that takes you sight seeing when I hear a familiar voice on the radio.

“And next up we have a mystery girl singing Human by Christina Perri.” the radio guy says. I gasp when I realize its the recording Peeta took of me. I hit his arm hard and he laughs. 

“Who is this? They have a great voice!” Clove says and begins to sing along. 

“Me” I mutter. Clove leans over the seat and looks at me with wide eyes and her jaw wide open. 

“If anyone knows our mystery girl please let us know so we can match the face to this beautiful voice!” he says and lists a number to call. Clove grabs her phone and immediately dials the number. I try to grab the phone from her but she moves out of the way. 

“Hello I am sitting in the same car as your mystery girl as a matter of fact.” she puts it on speaker and I hide my face.

“Really? NO way! What’s her name? When can we meet her?” he yells. 

“Her name is Katniss Everdeen. Where are you located so we can meet you?” she says with an evil smile. 

“We are in England right next to the London Eye. When can we see her?” he says with his accent.

“Next week we are heading over to London. We will call you the day before we visit. Can’t wait to see you!” she says and hangs up. We finally get to our destination and visit all the great places to see. 

{Time Lapse : One week}

Right now Clove and I are on our way over to the radio station. I am so nervous, I hate singing in public. I only sing in the shower occasionally. We pull up to a building with a big cell tower on top. We head inside. I am wearing a cobalt blue skater skirt and a white leather tank crop top and a black sweater. I have on black peep toes and my hair is in curls. We step inside and a guy only a few years older than us applauds at us. He hugs me and I stand stiffly stunned. “Hi I’m Jarod! I was the guy on the radio and who put your voice on the radio for all of Europe to hear. Please give me a listen to your voice. I have been dying for a live performance.” he says. 

“I don’t really sing in public. I only sing in the shower.” I say

“Well I am here to change that. Follow me. Are you the girl who told me about my mystery girl?” he says

“Yes I am!” Clove says.  We follow him to a recording studio and he pushes me inside the voice room. They both sit there anxiously. 

“What should I sing?” I say into the microphone.

“How about Blank Space by Taylor Swift?” he says. I nod and smile. I get the lyrics up on the phone and signal that I am ready. He starts the music without lyrics and I begin to sing. 

Nice to meet you, where you been?

I could show you incredible things

Magic, madness, heaven, sin

Saw you there and I thought

Oh my God, look at that face

You look like my next mistake

Love's a game, wanna play?

New money, suit and tie

I can read you like a magazine

Ain't it funny, rumors fly

And I know you heard about me

So hey, let's be friends