thirty

"We're planning on going to Savannah this weekend," Katie said as we put the fresh produce out. "Really? That sounds fun." I smiled. "Mom and dad said that they're going to rent an Airbnb so we can cook and stuff." I nodded as Matthew and Lauren came in.

"Did Katie tell you about going to Savannah?" Lauren asked and I nodded. "The kids will like that. It would be Kinley's first time at the beach." I smiled. "When are you leaving?" I asked them. "Probably at 5 on Friday." Matthew answered and I nodded. "Well the kids and I are definately going." I smiled as we started our shift.

"Guess where we're going this weekend?" I asked Cooper as we drove home from picking up McKinley from my mom's. "Where?" He asked me. "The beach." I looked through the rearview mirror and smiled when I saw him dancing.

"We're going with Nana, papa, and Auntie Katie." "Yay!" He squealed and I chuckled.

When we got home, I went into our storage closet and got out my suitcase. I took it into my room and laid it on the floor. I got up and took out some clothes and swimsuits for me to wear. I packed them up before going into both of the kids' rooms to get them some clothes.
•••

Katie and I got into my car after we got out of Target. I had to get some last minute things like sunscreen for the kids, swim diapers for McKinley, and some snacks.

"I wish Ryan could come." I pouted as we drove to Ryan's parents' house. "Me too. He loves Tybee Island and Savannah." She nodded. I parked in her parents' driveway and saw them packing their car.

"Ready to go bud?" Katie asked, picking up Cooper. "Yeah!" He smiled as she put him in his carseat. I quickly breastfed McKinley before putting her in hers and we got ready to leave.