eighteen

"Good morning seven month old." I smiled when I walked into McKinley's room. I walked over to her crib as she sat and looked up at me. "Hi baby." I cooed, making her smile when I picked her up. I kissed all over her face and laid her on her changing table. "Cooper's eating breakfast. I fixed you some scrambled eggs." I said and quickly changed her diaper. I zipped up her pajamas and carried her to the kitchen.

I smiled as I watched Kinley eat scrambled eggs, mandarin oranges, and cherry tomatoes cut in half. "Sissy eating." Cooper smiled. I nodded as he climbed onto my lap. "Did you like your breakfast?" I kissed his cheek. He nodded and patted his hands on the table.

After McKinley woke up from her morning nap, I got both of the kids dressed in comfy clothes. Cooper followed me into the living room as I put McKinley by her toys. "Mama color." Cooper said to me. "What else do you say?" I turned to face him. "Please." He smiled and I chuckled before grabbing his Paw Patrol coloring book and his crayons.

He sat down at the kitchen table and I ripped out the page he wanted as he started to color. I sat in the chair beside him. "Your birthday is coming up. Do you know how old you'll be?" He looked at me and shook his head. I grabbed his fingers and made him hold up three fingers.

"Can you count your fingers?" I asked and pointed to the first one. "One... two... three!" He smiled. "So when someone asks how old you'll be, what will you say?" I smiled. "Three." He giggled. I kissed the top of his head. "Do you want a construction party?" He nodded excitedly.

"With trucks and bulldozers and... and!" He started bouncing up and down. "Calm down bubby, we'll get you all of the construction vehicles." I laughed.