seventeen

Once the kids ate lunch, Maddie told us goodbye and left. "Ready to go to nana and papa's house? They have something for us." I smiled at Cooper. "Yeah!" He grinned and picked up his toy bulldozer. I held his hand as we walked across the parking lot to my car. I put him and McKinley into their car seats before getting into the car.

"Hey." I smiled as we walked into Ryan's parents' house. "Papa!" Cooper ran over to Matthew, Ryan's dad. He picked him up and gave him a big kiss on the cheek. "I like your bulldozer." He said to him as I walked up. "Thank you." He smiled.

"These strawberries are delicious." I said to Matthew, eating another one. He nodded. "I know, the season was great this year. Do you like them too Coop?" I looked down to see Cooper's mouth was red. I chuckled and ruffled his hair. "I think that's a yes."

After giving the kids a bath, I fixed Cooper a bowl of butter noodles and broccoli while I washed the strawberries and separated them into storage bags. I listened to McKinley smack her high chair in excitement. I smiled and looked at her as she played with some strips of broccoli.

"Is your broccoli yummy?" I leaned closer to her. She smiled and held out her hands as I kissed her forehead. I put one bag of strawberries in the refrigerator before putting the rest in the freezer. I pushed McKinley's high chair back to where it was before taking off the tray and picking her up.

"Are you finished?" I asked Cooper. He nodded and got up with his bowl and fork. I put Kinley on the floor before cleaning up the dishes, her high chair, and where Cooper sat. I sat on the floor with the kids and played before they had to go to sleep.