nine

"Sissy's eating food like you," I smiled at Cooper. He looked at her high chair to see some avocado strips. "I have avocado too!" He smiled widely. I nodded and kissed the top of his head before finishing my cup of coffee. "What do you want to do today?" I asked him. He shrugged. "The park," I nodded. "That's a great idea." I grabbed my phone and saw I had a message from my dad

from: daddy❤️
I'm going to take the boat out, want to join us?

to: daddy❤️
That sounds great!

I looked over at Cooper as he continued eating, babbling to Kinley. He's going to have so much fun today.

I opened the garage and put McKinley in the car. "Where are we going Mama?" Cooper asked when I buckled him in. "You'll see," I responded and closed the door. I got in and turned the car on.

"Pop-pop!" Cooper smiled at my dad. "Hey bud." Cooper ran into his arms and hugged him. "Look at my princess." He smiled at Kinley. She gurgled and drooled in her fingers. "Ready to go in the boat?" Dad asked Cooper. "Yes!" He yelled excitedly.

We walked towards the dock where my mom, Ryan's parents, and Katie were putting on their life vests. "Hey little man," Ryan's dad smiled. Cooper hugged his leg before getting picked up by Katie. "Let's put on your life vest," She said to him. My mom helped me put on Kinley's life vest and I put on mine. We all climbed onto the boat and sat down.

Cooper stood with my dad and Ryan's dad as they controlled the boat. "He's such a little man." Katie smiled and I nodded. "It's so funny to watch him." I looked down at Kinley to see her sleeping in my mom's arms. "Jess, are you ready to see Ryan? His graduation is coming up," Lauren said to me. I nodded excitedly. Ryan's training is almost done; I'm so excited to see him.