twenty five

"Pancakes!" Cooper smiled as he walked into the kitchen. I turned to face him. "You like pancakes don't you?" I asked and he nodded before pushing his stool over to where I am. I helped him up and he gave me a quick hug. I kissed the top of his head and let him help me.

Once we were finished, I fixed our plates before taking them to the backyard. Cooper sat down at his tiny picnic table and I put down his plate before sitting down with Kinley on my lap. It was one of those mornings where it's warm but there's still a breeze. "Do you want to go to the park?" I asked Cooper and he nodded excitedly.

I zipped Cooper's jacket as we started to walk down the street to our nearby park. Cooper sang a random song that he learned at school and I smiled as I listened to him. Once we got to the park, Cooper ran onto the playground and started to climb.

"Do you want to swing?" I took Kinley out of her stroller and kissed her cheek. I put her in the swing and stood in front of her as I gently pushed her back and forth. She squealed as I took pictures of her. I heard Cooper run towards me.

"Mama, can I swing too?" He asked and I nodded before helping him onto a swing. I gently pushed him before standing in front of them. They looked at each other and smiled as I took some pictures. "I'm swingin' with sissy!" He giggled. I nodded and smiled.

After the park, Cooper wanted to ride around with his John Deere tractor. McKinley was napping in the house. "I gotta deliver some rocks." He said to me before putting some rocks in the carrier. "Ok, do you need help?" I asked him and he nodded. I picked up some rocks and put them in the carrier with him. Once he had enough, he got onto the tractor and drove them through the grass.