twenty

I slowly opened Cooper's bedroom door and turned on the light. I walked over to his bed and gently rubbed his back. "Cooper," I said softly. He rubbed his eyes and slowly looked up at me. "Good morning. Ready for your first day of school?" I asked him. He nodded and sat up slowly. I went over to his dresser and got out his clothes before helping him get up.

After changing McKinley's diaper, I carried her downstairs where Cooper was eating breakfast. "Kin, big brother is going to school," I said to her before putting her down in her high chair. I gave her some scrambled eggs before sitting down with my cup of coffee.

"Say cheese." I smiled at Cooper. "Cheese!" He grinned as I took some pictures of him. I chuckled and stood back up before putting him in the car. I got into the driver's seat and started to drive to his preschool. His preschool is very fun; it's a nature-based preschool where they play outside and learn about the outdoors. I think he'll have a lot of fun.

I introduced myself to all of the parents of the class. Cooper's school is very into parent involvement and always has parents there to volunteer with the teachers. "I think Cooper is going to do great here." His teacher, Miss Anna, said. I rocked McKinley as I watched Cooper immediately go play with some of the other kids. I smiled softly and nodded. "Bye Cooper," I called out to him. He turned and waved goodbye before I left.

After I came home from Cooper's school, I put McKinley in her new jumper while I sat on the couch to fold clothes. McKinley squealed and I looked at her. "Are you having fun?" I laughed. She grinned and continued to bounce up and down.