thirty eight

We watched Finding Nemo and Finding Dory when it was almost time for dinner. While McKinley slept in her Doc-A-Tot on the other sofa, Cooper and I went to make mini pizzas. I pulled up his stool and laid his pizza crust on a cookie sheet next to mine.

"What goes on first?" I asked him. "Sauce!" He pointed to the jar of marinara sauce. I nodded and opened it, giving him and I both a spoonful on our crusts and we spread it out. We then both put mozzarella cheese around and then it was time for toppings; I did pepperoni, green peppers, banana peppers, sausage, and bacon bits. Cooper had pepperoni and sausage. I sprinkled some Italian seasoning on mine and his before putting it into the oven.

I took our pizzas out of the oven and cut them into four slices. I put them both on plates and took them into the living room. Cooper was sitting on the couch while McKinley was in her high chair that I put in the living room while The Incredibles played on the tv. I first gave Cooper his plate and he smiled at me.

"Thank you." He started eating. "You're welcome." Then I gave McKinley some toast strips with cheese and raspberries before I sat down and started eating too.

McKinley cried as I gave her a warm bath. "It's ok, we're done." I pouted and unplugged the tub. I grabbed her towel and picked her up, wrapping her in it. She continued to cry as I dried her hair and took her into her room. I grabbed a diaper and her lotion before sitting on the floor with her. I put on her diaper and slowly rubbed lavender scented lotion on her. She eventually quieted down and I put on her gray and white striped footie pajamas.

"Getting sleepy?" I asked Cooper while we sat on the couch. I was breastfeeding Kinley while he played on his iPad. He looked up at me and nodded. "Alright, let me finishing feeding sissy and we'll go to bed." I rubbed his back and he laid down with his head on my lap. I smiled softly and felt my heart almost burst out of my chest at how sweet my babies are.