five

Maddie and I sat on the screened in porch with the babies playing on the floor. I listened to Cooper and Jackson talk to each other in toddler babble.

"How's everything?" Maddie asked. I looked over at her. "Good, Ryan FaceTimed us last night until Cooper had to go to bed." "I bet he loved that." She smiled and I did too. "He did, he was so happy to see his daddy."

"Do you know when you're going to see him?" She asked. I shook my head. Since Ryan is training, we have to wait for family days or whenever his training is finished to physically see him.

"When we FaceTimed, he was so excited to see the kids and I but I know how hard is it for him to see how fast they're growing." I frowned. Maddie hugged me and we watched the kids play.

"Thanks mama." Cooper smiled and started eating. I smiled back and sat at the dining table. After we finished at Maddie's, the kids and I went home and I gave Cooper and Kinley a bath and put their pajamas on. I fixed Cooper some instant macaroni and cheese and chicken nuggets.

"Mama, sleep with you?" Cooper asked as I finished nursing McKinley. "If you want to." I said as he climbed onto the couch. "Mama's milk?" He looked at McKinley. I smiled. "You're a big boy, you drink big boy milk." I kissed the top of his head. He giggled and snuggled into my side.

Cooper laid on Ryan's side of the bed as I turned off all of the lights except for my Himalayan salt lamp. I laid down beside him as he moved over to cuddle with me. "Love you." He said to me. "I love you too baby." I kissed his forehead as we went to sleep.