forty nine

After my shower, I put on a light yellow smocked shirt and blue jeans. I brushed my hair before going towards to the dryer. I took out the clothes and went into the living room to fold them. I put all of our clothes away and went to fix myself a bowl of Mac and cheese. I quickly ate it before I have to wake up McKinley from her nap.

McKinley and I walked into Cooper's school and towards his classroom. As soon as I stepped in the doorway, he ran over to me.

"Mama!" He smiled. "Hi Cooper, how was school?" I smiled. He handed me a stick with a paper star glued to one end and some crumbled leaves.

"I made a magic wand." He replied as I signed him out. We said goodbye to his teacher before going outside to the car. I put them both in their car seats before driving back home.

I fixed the kids' dinner: baked fish sticks and roasted broccoli before setting it down at the table. "Come eat Coop." I said to him, putting McKinley in her high chair. He ran from his room and sat down.

"Thanks mama." He smiled before he started eating. I fixed my plate and sat down to begin eating as well.

After giving the kids a bath, I changed them into their pajamas. I brushed Cooper's hair.

"It's almost time for papa to cut your hair again." I smiled.

He giggled and played with the ends of his hair.

"Can we sleep with you?" he asked. I nodded and brought them both to my room. I read them a story and turned the lights except for my salt lamp. I started to breastfeed McKinley. I looked down at her and she stared up at me.

"Hi baby." I smiled softly. She smiled back and put her hand on mine. My heart melted as we maintained eye contact as she started to rub her eyes sleepily. I gently played with her hair as she eventually fell asleep.