thirty six

I cubed some chicken for McKinley as I finished fixing the kids' plates. We were having pan seared chicken strips, cheesy rice, and green beans. "Come on Cooper." I said and put his plate down. He got up from his blocks and ran over to the kitchen table. He climbed into his chair as I sat down and gave some food to McKinley. We prayed before beginning to eat.

"This is good mama!" Cooper smiled at me and sipped some water from his cup. "Thank you." I smiled and looked over at Kinley. She was gnawing on a green bean. I chuckled and took a quick picture of her to send to Ryan. Our text conversation is just pictures of me and the kids. Ryan is now doing his RASP training to become an army ranger. Once he's finished with RASP, they'll send him to ranger school. He's doing so much training and i just want him to be home.

After the kids finished dinner, I cleaned up and washed the dishes. I cleaned up the kitchen table and went to sit by Cooper. "Watch me build a tower." He said and faced me. I smiled, watching him stack his blocks while McKinley climbed onto my lap. I kissed the top of her head and continued to watch him.
•••

I woke up the next morning with Cooper laying in the bed with me. Some of the strands of his blonde hair was sticking to his forehead and his mouth was parted as he snored softly. I smiled and kissed his forehead before getting out of bed and walking to the kitchen.

I turned my coffee machine on and started to make some as I put up the kids' toys. I stirred my caramel creamer into my coffee and sat down at the kitchen table to drink my coffee.