Chapter Twenty-Three

"I have to get ready for the Romeo and Juliet play." I sigh, and go towards my dresser as Charles stays by my bed. 

"Why go? Stay with me, we can watch movies and--" I turn around, as he checks his watch. "Yeah, maybe not hiding here from my parents is a bright idea." He hops off as I pull out a simple pink shirt, with a nice white top. 

"Well, I need to change, the window is right there." I say pointing to it, he grabs his heart.

"Ouch, the goodbye was very poor." I smile and give him a warm embrace. "Fine, I'll go." He goes to the window and crawls halfway out. "Be good." He says like a scolding parent.

"Trust me, I will." I say as he fully leaves, I close the window locking it. 

I quickly change, my mother yells for me, as I grab my purse. I unlock my door, and see the maid get startled. I apologize and wave goodbye, as I go down the stairs, my mother waits for me at the door. The employee opens the front door, cutting my mothers and I conversation short. I get inside Peter's car, seeing his happy expression towards me. We exchange in a simple conversation, until I exit the car.

I run into the school building, seeing a crowd by the stage already. I go in, and stare at the scene, as the cavemen run out. I furrow my brows confused, as I hear another voice.

"Grunting is scaring you too?" I look seeing Dean, Lorelai then turns, while Lane does the same. 

"I'm not even sure this is an english class project." I say, staring at the running cavemen.

"Is this even shakespeare?" The mystery women says, she turns to me, sharing a simple laugh. "I'm Sookie, Lorelai's friend."

"Nice to meet you." I respond, suddenly we all hear a hey, we turn seeing Rory in a Juliet costume. "So pretty, did Lorelai make this?" She nods.

"Like the designer I am." She says. "Made the girl inside it too." I chuckle, as Dean turns to Rory.

"You're beautiful, looks really nice." He says, Paris then comes, grabbing both Rory and I. She stops and lets go of Rory, but still grabs me.

"Rory stay, you're on in 20. Isabella, you're coming with me." I look back to Dean and the others, as she makes me follow her. "Tristan isn't here, I called every phone related to him." She continues to rant, but I quickly calm her down.

"Let's check the--" Paris cuts me off, as I turn seeing him walk up to us.

"Where have you been? Nevermind, get dressed we're on in ten." She angrily says to him, as I keep staring at him.

"Can't."He nervously states, scratching his neck. "Dad pulled me out of school." Paris angrily storms away. "She's unhappy."

"You got pulled because of the recent things you did, didn't you?" I ask, he nods. 

"I can't do anything, which is why I'll have to ponder it, in military school." I cross my arms upset. "I bet you're happy, I'll be gone."

"No, I won't. I just realized that I do have feelings for you, even if it isn't the strongest, it's still there. I'm sorry..is there really nothing you can--" Tristan name get called, he turns making me see his father stand in the hall. Tristan nods as his dad turns back around.

"This is a goodbye." I look down, only to feel his hand grab my chin. He lifts my head as he lightly kisses me. My eyes widen from the sudden action, I rapidly blink as he separates from my lips. "Sorry couldn't make it longer, someone is kinda staring." I confusingly turn seeing Dean look away, pretending he was looking at the performance. "Goodbye, Elle."

He walks away as I raise my hand up to my lips, still shocked. I quickly compose myself and look down while walking back to the crowd. I stand awkwardly, as Dean and I don't make contact. Why would he be looking at Tristan and I? Trying to protect me possibly, but I don't know.