Chapter Eleven

We pull up to the house, Peter opens the car door, I exit and walk up, seeing a maid hold the door open for me. I go to my room, and start getting dressed, I slip on the dress, seeing the ends big like a princess dress. I zip up the back and notice how the waist part hugs around my torso, giving me a hourglass. I notice the light pink color on the dress, making my shoes match. The flowers on the end gives a nature vibe, it matches with the flowers on the shoe as well. I tie my hair up into a neat bun, letting a few hairs stick out from the side. 

I grab my sliver earrings, and put them on. I walk out of my room and make my way downstairs, seeing my parents waiting for me by the door. They both notice my presence and instantly smile at me, I smile back while approaching them. 

"You look lovely." My father states, my mother chips in as well.

"The dress was a perfect choice, it makes your eyes pop." I smile and watch my father hand me the ticket. "He'll meet you there, now go before you're late." I nod and feel nervous, I walk out and see Peter, he opens the door.

"You look beautiful Ms. Porter." He states, my brows furrow as I look at him. Why is he calling me by my last name? His eyes go over towards my parents, that's why. I enter the car and stare down at the ticket. 

It'll be embarrassing to walk in alone, after I said I had a date. Will they think I lied? I feel nervous, like I'll be judged. Do I even look right? Is my hair okay? No-no, it' just my mind, I am fine...right? Peter starts the car, but I jump hearing knocks on my window, I roll it down seeing my mother.

"Sorry! I forgot to give you the mask." I take it, seeing my outfit match with it. "Have fun." She steps away and the window rolls up, I look at the mask. The drive starts as I play with the eye part, it's a beautiful mask...but do I have to wear it?

Maybe it's best, I'll match with the band while I could hide my identity. Hopefully this dance will be over soon. As we pass Stars Hollow, I notice that we're close to the school, I slide on my mask and hold onto the ticket. We arrive, Peter does his daily routine and opens my door, as I exit I breathe in and out slowly.

"It'll be alright Isabella." He gives me a reassuring smile, I weakly smile back as I lift my dress to walk. "Have a good time." I nod at him and quickly start walking in. 

I walk in seeing eyes on me, they know who I am, why am I trying to hide? I pass by everyone and make my way to the stage. I take my seat down at the piano, and fix my dress, I lay my fingers upon the keys and calm down. I stare at the music sheets  and wait for my signal, I watch them nod towards me. I start playing lightly, following the other beats and rhythm, I go faster and faster as the tempo picks up. After 15 minutes the song ends, I close out and hear a few claps from the crowd. 

I see a hand, I take it from the leader and walk up, as I'm at the front of the stage he announces my name. At the same time I take off my mask and bow, I stand and see more eyes on me than ever. I play with the mask and look down, the leader dismisses me.

"Thank you." I say, he shakes my hand.

"No, thank you, I can tell it's your passion." He smiles and walks back to the mic, I turn around and go down the stairs off the stage. 

A hand pops up making me shocked, I don't think much of it and take it. I smile politely and lift my dress, watching the steps I take down.

"Thank you, you didn't really have to do that." I look up, my mouth goes agape as I stare into his eyes.