Chapter Fifty

"No." I state, as he looks at me confused, I stand up upset.

"No?" He asks, I start pacing the room, controlling my anger.

"I am not going to choose for you, it's not my place." He scoffs, as I stop pacing the room, my head snaps at him. "It's your career, and I'm not gonna be selfish and take away that opportunity. You're the first man to actually be in a committed relationship with me, and I'm glad I spent this memory with you. If you want to take it, it's okay...I'm not one to stop a whole future, especially knowing how'll great you'll do." I say, giving a sigh to relax myself.

"I don't wanna leave you behind." He says, rising to his feet.

"You don't have to." I say, seeing his reaction stiff. "Take the opportunity, and you'll see me again, friends or not."

"I can't.." He says, his breath shaking, I raise his head.

"But you will." I say, feeling my heart break again, but this time I finally lose someone I care about. "How long?"

"What?" He says while holding my arms, bringing me closer.

"How long, til' you leave?" I say, he gives a gentle squeeze.

"Three days." I sigh, and feel him embarrassed.

"Well, let's make it last." I say with a weak smile, he grabs my chin and pulls me close to him. He leans in and gives me a light kiss, I let myself heat the fire of the kiss, knowing he's upset. He places a hand on my lower back and let's me tense up on my own. I wrap my arms around his neck, until he suddenly pulls away.

"I-I can't." He says, rubbing my back innocently.

"Can't? W-why? I want to...." I feel myself a bit embarrassed. "Is it me?"

"No, it's--you're perfect. It's Dean." I release my arms, lowering them, feeling the grip disappear.

"Did he say anything to you? Did he hurt you somehow--" I start scanning his body, wondering if Dean could do such a thing.

"No, but I feel like this is what I should tell you, as a boyfriend, as a friend..." I nod, and feel him put a wall up. "Dean got drunk during the night before the wedding, I ran into him at Luke's. He was out of it, and let his mind do the talking. He kept saying your name, talking about your beautiful features and quirks."

"Why would he do that? He's with Lindsay." I say, feeling the truth buried into my heart. President Lee grabs my hands, forcing me to look at him.

"He's in love with you, Isabella." He sternly states, I push the thought, and remember that he chose Rory all the time, so it couldn't be true. "I know you have feelings for him, maybe even it fainted over the years. I want to know, if everything was genuine with me."

"It is." I say, he grabs my head planting a kiss on my forehead. "It's the first time, someone truly swayed me from past feelings." I can't help but keep looking at his lips, he does the same to me. Before anything could happen, he gets a loud ring from his phone. He answers, and turns his head. I back away, hearing that he's needed, he accepts. "It's okay go." I whisper, he nods and ends the call.

"Goodnight Secretary Porter." He tells me with feeling.

He leaves, leaving my thoughts to roam, I close my eyes, feeling my heart pound. I need to talk to Lorelai tomorrow, I can't hold all this in. I'm tired of being unable to express my emotions or thoughts, I'm tired of not trying with Dean. I'm tired of people walking all over me, I want a chance.

Years to Come || (Gilmore Girls based fanfiction) (Dean X Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें