Chapter Two

I scrunch my nose, and open my eyes, seeing the light pour through my window. I sit up and rub my eyes tiredly. I throw my blankets off of me and start to get dressed, I slide on the white, slightly poofy shirt. I then put on a tight checkered, dark green dress over the shirt. I put on high socks, only reaching to my chin, I tie a simple bow where my neck is. I put on my high-heeled shoes, tying the ankle clasp. I pull back strands of hair from the sides, tying it from the back, I pick up a dark green bow, and place it on the tie. 

I go out my room and walk to the bathroom, finishing my daily routine. I hear my name being called from my mother, I panic and grab my bag from my room. I sprint down and see both my parents at the door, waiting for me. They're gonna come with me, I can't wait for them to see how the town can really be. I smile and approach them, they give me a smile back.

"Be home by 3, Peter will be waiting everyday." I tilt my head, Peter? Our driver? "Now, have a good day Isabella." My dad states opening the door, I look out seeing Peter standing by our black car. 

I guess they're not driving me, I awkwardly walk outside, Peter opens the door, I slide in seeing through the glass. Peter gets in, my parents wave at me, giving me a poor smile as we drive away. I sadly look down, and pull out my headphones from my bag, no-no I shouldn't, Peter would tell my parents I brought this. I sigh and shove it back in, after a 25 minute drive we arrive at the front. 

He gets out and opens the door for me, I plant my feet on the ground and stand up, gripping the top of the door. So, this is high school? Alright, let's get to it. I nod and smile to Peter, he returns it, giving me a genuine feeling. I toss my bag on my shoulder and slowly approach the entrance, seeing some people stare at me, while some mind their business. I gather up confidence, as I walk up the steps, I pull out my schedule paper and read as I enter the building, feeling a pair of eyes staring at me. 

I stop mid-track and look up, curious, wanting to turn around. I shake off the feeling and see my locker number. I walk over and graze my fingers on the old metal, this is like in the movies, it's refreshing to know it's real. I feel someone bump into me, I quickly turn around apologetic.

"I am so sorry, I was just standing and I--" She cuts me off, getting a better grip on her box.

"No, it was my fault, I couldn't see and I just happen to bump into you." I kneel picking up some papers, I place it in her box. "Thank you....are you new?" She asks.

"I am, but not really for long." I chuckle, she smiles and tilts her head for me to walk with her. 

"Rory Gilmore, I can tell you're not from around here." I nod and see books starting to fall, I catch them. "Nice reflexes, you know our school team would kill for that."

"Thanks, but I'm not the type to throw a ball, letting people expect me to be an professional. I'm Isabella Porter, I'm not typically from around here, I live 25 minutes away." She nods, but quickly her focus leaves me. 

"Lane!" She groans and looks back at me. "Sorry duty calls." I chuckle as she goes away towards her friend. 

As she leaves I look down at the books, realizing she left them with me. I look up about to say something, but I cut myself off, knowing she won't hear. I sigh and read the back of the books, seeing that I've read these before. I instantly turn around and walk, only to bump into someone again, the books fall and I kneel down again. I pick the books up, and feel apologetic again.