Chapter Sixty Four

Mercedes's POV

"We need to break up," he said in a velvety voice, his eyes looking the most serious since I last saw him.

"Why?" I asked, my voice almost breaking into tears.

"I don't know what's your deal anymore but I know i'm done, Mercedes!"

"Why the fucking heck are you doing this? Huh? Is it because of her?" I yelled.

"Can you shut it with he F word and no, I don't think i'm leaving because of her. It's you!"

"Whatever. Leave. I don't care!" I shrugged, flinging my face to another direction.

"Good luck being something less than a bitch," he murmured loudly and I could feel tears already pushing and fighting their way through.

"Banks!" I called out and she came running in.

"Is he gone?" I whispered, raising my head up to her.

She opened the curtain slightly and peeped. "He just left ma'am. And I don't think he's coming back," she shook her head.

"Why do you say so?" I asked in confusion.

"He got his bags and his stuff too. Sorry ma'am," she lowered her head and exited the room.

I bent my head to the table and allowed the tears simply roll through.

I couldn't believe I was no longer his and he was no longer mine. Why?

A pack of serviette stood just by the end of the table and I took a piece out of it, dabbing my cheeks gently with it.

It was all her fault. That stupid bitch of a girl!

I finally jerked out of my thoughts from the sound of a breaking plate from downstairs.

I needed a distraction.

I picked up my phone and dialled Caden. Yes, Caden. I was supposed to get married to him but was I glad I didn't!

"Hello?" he finally said at the other end of the line. I didn't respond.

"Hello?" he repeated.

"Um, hi! Its actually Mercedes," I finally said in a happy tone.

"Oh, you were - "

"I know," I rolled my eyes.

"So, why'd you call?" he asked.

"Perhaps we could schedule - "

"I'm in a really busy situation right now. Maybe some other time?"

"Oh - okay. Sure. Great talk,"

I face palmed.

"Yeah. Bye," he hung up.

Ugh!

I needed a really good distraction that'll put my mind off Cameron. He hurt me. Badly.

I knew. Papi.

I immediately, I got up from my chair and picked my car Key's, headed to the hospital.

It wasn't a really long drive. Just a little turns and twists landed me in front of the hospital. I hopped out of the car and headed into the hospital in a hurry.

"Mr. Belgravia." I said hurriedly to the receptionist.

"Executive section, third floor, room 20." she replied and I immediately took the elevator to the third floor.

I walked out of the elevator and strolled down until I finally saw room 20.

It was quiet. Very quite. I opened the door and saw my Papi connected to all those things... fighting for his life.

"Papi!" I cried out and ran to him, finally letting go of all the pain I felt deep inside.

"I don't know what to do anymore, Papi. Everyone's left me. I don't even know how I'll be able to get through this without you. I need you, Papi. Please," I begged, tears streaming down my eyes.

All he could do was lie there and watch his daughter cry and sob.

"Papi, get up. P - please," I spoke up again, leaning over his chest and wrapping my arms around him.

Little sobs escaped my lips and I couldn't bear it.

"Papi, don't just sleep here. Please, wake up and do something. Tell me everything's gonna be okay even if you're gonna be lying about it. Tell me I'm right even if I've never been so wrong. Do something. Please!!" I begged more but all I could get was his chest rising and falling. That was it.

I spent exactly an hour sobbing and finally stood up from where I knelt.

"Papi, I'll be waiting for you. Everyone's waiting. Please don't die. Please," I sniffed, "Please."

I finally walked towards the door and with one last look at him, I left.

                                 °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Banks, please prepare lunch and cancel me in for today. I'm not going to the office," I announced and flung my bag to the couch, resting on it myself.

"You visited your father?" I heard mum's voice.

I looked up at her before rolling my eyes in response.

"I did too. I miss him so much," ahe said again and sat on the opposite couch.

I fixed my gaze on the television and stared at the boxers throwing their fists at each other.

Banks was probably watching this. Typical.

"Ma'am, your meal is ready," Banks announced and I stood up for the dining table.

I ate slowly as I kept remembering the two people that mattered most in my life. My ex and my dad.

"I'm not hungry anymore," I sighed, barely even eating anything from the food.

I ran upstairs to my room and slumped on the bed, tears streaming down my cheek.

I curled up in my duvet and brought it over my head. I hugged my knees and felt so alone....why? Why was I so alone?

Why did I feel so lonely?

I can't be the one crying all day. It shouldn't be me. I'm not the unlucky one at love.

Author's Note.

Hey, thank you all so much for reading. It means so much to me.

I would like to talk about a little something before moving on. Okay, I have no idea why a human would make content just to destroy some other person.

Is it jealousy? Is it stupidity? Is it just joblessness? I have no idea.

I just saw through this content and this person was just ranting how wattpad writers are all so cliché. I mean, the generalization was all too much.

I said more of this on my message board so feel free to check it out and drop your own words on the issue.

Its honestly so annoying.

Anyway, don't forget to vote and comment. It does a lot to make me happy.

Thanks once again.

Much Love, Pauly Queen.