Chapter Seven

Caden's POV

I knew I didn't mean any of the things I said to Mercedes back there. She was so different and it was driving me over the bend. The girls loved me. Everyone wanted me. Why was she fucking different? It was annoying.

My phone rang and I picked it up hastily, placing it on my left ear and turning on the TV.

It was Adrian.

"Hey, bro!" he yelled enthusiastically with booming music from wherever he was.

"What?" I asked in a stressed tone, not caring about what he had to say because I was pretty sure it was gonna be stupid. Like it always is...

"Now before you think that what I'm about to say is stupid, let me just tell you that it's not," he hollered in a silly giggle.

Typical Adrian.....

"Spill it. I don't want you wasting my time any further." I scoffed with a pessimistically gloomy sigh.

"Well, there's a frat house and - "

"Frat house? Hell no! I am not coming to any of your clumsy teenage parties to help you with a girl, and no I don't have anything doing but I still won't help you!" I fired hotly, having known Adrian inside out and back to back. I can read him like the palm of my hand.

"Please," he cried out pathetically.

Adrian's the worst when it comes to girls. He's cute and all but he hasn't got the moves, the tongue and the eyes. On the other hand, I got it all, except some people next door fail to realize it.

"It's fun. I promise you'll love it here, and you're totally up for this. You're just a teenager like me, so stop acting all bossy around here," he upbraided as the music still boomed ceaselessly from the background.

"First of all, I am not acting bossy. I am your boss!" I shot sassily. "Second of all, I'm not a Teenager just like you. Young adult, boy. Young adult. And thirdly, I am not up for this. And lastly, I am your boss so stop acting the other way round," I pointed the facts out clearly.

He groaned loudly and I heard a female voice yell his name in bourgeoning excitement.

"Was that Mackenzie?" I asked, interested all of a sudden.

"Yeah, why?" he asked gloomily.

"Why didn't you tell me she was there and what's she doing there, anyway?" I pondered.

"She's here with a guy and her sister, they're really getting it up a notch. His name's Blake,"

"A guy?" I requisitioned with a gutsy worry in me. Damn that girl.

"Yeah, a guy. And the dude should get an award for the hottest teen on planet earth. He's so muscular and - " he ranted on and on.

"Oh, just shut up!" I snapped at him angrily.

He chuckled.

"Are there frat girls?" I chimed in.

"Yeah!"

"Vodka?"

"Yeah!"

"Teenage blonde's?"

"Hot one's at that!" he enticed in an intriguing voice.

"I'll be there in thirty minutes. Text me the address. And do everything to keep Mackenzie away from that scum bag, Block or whatever his name is," I warned jealously but too proud to admit it.

"I said the name's Blake," he repeated.

"Yeah, Block!" I spat.

"You're jealous huh? She left you for the hot dude," he teased.