Chapter Fifty Six

Bella's POV

I staggered to my room but then heard voices from Caden's room. I raised my phone to my eyes. It was 2am. What the heck was happening?

I slowly tiptoed to his room door and peeped through a hole. He was with the bitch. I turned to go but something caught my attention.

"I love her. I couldn't tell her earlier today. You interrupted us," he said sincerely.

"I thought you said to make her jealous," Mackenzie hissed in a whisper.

"I know, but that wasn't the right time. I wish I told her. I wanted to. I've fallen for her even if I was the one bluffing about her falling for me. I don't know... " he bawled and I zoomed in my eyes to see a ball of tears  roll down from his eyes.

He was.....crying?

Wow! As in, WOW!

"I'm sure she'll understand. Just tell her the truth," Mackenzie urged and rubbed little circles on his back with her hand.

I felt a line of tear fall down my eyes to my chest.

"I think I'll tell her. I just hope she doesn't hate me. I just....hope,"

"I know. That's just you. You always try to act tough. And mehn do i hate those ego's. Thankfully, they're being eradicated as those tears of yours. You're less annoying now," she smiled and patted his back.

I couldn't stand it. I wish I knew all that before. Why didn't he tell me that before? But then I knew my place quite well. I was not Mercedes. I should stop thinking of even letting him know how I feel. I had already hurt Cameron and a lot of people. I should stop it. Just, stop it already.

I turned to go but then I was unconscious. I think I passed out.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I opened my eyes slowly but then shot it immediately I heard footsteps coming my way.

Someone turned off the lights and sat beside me as the bed dipped.

"Little miss sassy," he  chuckled. "I'm sorry," Caden whispered and kissed my forehead before leaving the room.

He closed the door and I opened my eyes with a deep sigh before finally falling asleep.

Oh, Caden.

°°°°°°°°°°°°

I yawned as I woke up to the sound of the chirping birds by the window. The sunlight peered in through the curtain and lit a half of my face.

The weather was cool and the morning seemed really pleasant. I stood up stretching and went out of my room to Sally's.

I knocked on the door and she sleepily opened it, rubbing her eyes as she stood before me.

"What?" she asked.

"Get my espresso ready. Its your job," I reminded and turned to go with her mumbling.

I was about to go back to my room when something caught my eye. Caden's room. I stared at it and walked up to the door, still deciding whether to open it or not.

After all, YOLO. You Only Live Once.

"Caden's gone," I heard Papi say as I opened the door but immediately closed it back.

I stopped at my actions. What did he mean "Caden's gone" He can't be gone.

Our story isn't even ended and the book's already closed? Damn!

"What do you mean, papi?" I asked and turned back.

He stretched a letter to my hand and I slowly collected it, opening it and reading through the content in my mind.