Epilogue

"I can't believe your leaving." Seth says as we lie tangled in his covers. Weeks into our summer.

I had been spending a lot of time with Bea, Callie, Luke and everyone that I wasn't going to see once I moved. Molly and I had spent days together, she slept most nights in my room when Seth wasn't over or when I wasn't with Seth. Dad even came in a few nights, the three of us snuggled together. It was heaven. It really was.

Jacob and Leroy came for two weeks with their girlfriends. Who were extremely nice. And not to mention gorgeous. I have no clue how Leroy and Jacob got with those two girls. But they did.

I was lifeguarding at the point and surfing as much as I could. I got to compete and watch Seth and Luke compete in the midsummers surf competition. Which Seth took out. Luke in a close third. I took out the girls title for the event.

Between all this Seth was finding himself a little bit lax of attention. A little bit. I still hung out with him tons. I say hung out but I mean pestered him.

So now we're here. The morning I'm moving.

"You will be there after a week it'll be okay." I say tracing little love hearts around his face.

"That tickles." He says with a soft smile. I let out a breathy sigh as I watch him, his eyes closed softly. His hair fluffy from sleep. His face perfect as always.

How did I end up with this boy? This perfect boy.

"I know your admiring me." He says, his lips tugging into a smirk.

"It's my last chance to for a week." I remind him my lips quirking up at his remark.

"Take me with you. Please." He asks wrapping his arms tighter around me snuggling further towards me.

"Haha. We've talked about this already. It just wouldn't work. I'm sure Hayley wouldn't want to witness your ugliness any more than she has to." I say raising my eyebrows at him, as if I was lecturing him.

"Your just afraid she will fall in love with my beauty and grace." Seth says doing a Debby Ryan hair tuck.

"She is beauty, she is grace." Seth and I say at the same time before chuckling.

"What did I do to deserve a loser like you." Seth says rolling on top of me and dropping kisses on my nose, cheek, forehead, neck and finally lips.

The amount of love I had for this boy could not be conveyed through a kiss, but I wished it could. He deserved to know how much I loved him. How much I cherished him.

"Seth- okay oh my god. Lock the door next time please." Bea's voice says as she walks in before slamming the door behind her, making me jump out of my skin.

I chuckle as Seth's head spins to the door, before he turns back to me. My heart pounds as I take in a large breath to calm it.

"Oops." He says with a mischevious grin. Dropping one more kiss on my lips before rolling back off me.

"When's your flight?" He asks me sitting up and throwing on some sweatpants over his boxers.

"6pm." I reply watching him change shamelessly.

"Great." He says with a grin, getting back into bed.

"How about a friendly game of Mario kart before you go?" He asks handing me a controller.

"What does the winner get?" I ask him.

"For Seth to go with Lacey to Louisiana early." He says with a smile. I roll my eyes.

"How about a kiss for good efforts because your going down." I reply as he chuckles and switches the wii on, before jumping onto the bed. Pulling me into his lap, his chin resting on my shoulder.

***

"One week." Seth says as he stares at me, our hands both intertwined. Our bodies pressed close together.

"One week." I reply with a nod.

"Seven days." Seth says again.

"Oh really I thought one week was twelve days?" I say sarcastically.

Seth gives me a deadpanned look before rolling his eyes.

"Okay time to wrap it up buddy the rest of us are waiting for our goodbyes." Bea says tapping Seth harshly on the shoulder.

"Go away Bea. She's mine." He says with a pout wrapping his arms around me. I grin as Bea throws him a look and he lets me go.

"I'm going to miss you like hell Lacey." Bea says pulling me into a tight hug.

"I'm going to miss you too. Remember there's always room on my soon to be sofa so come and visit me." I remind her, even though I've told her a hundred times.

"I know." Bea says pulling away, kissing me on the cheek. Trina moves in for a tight hug.

"Bye Lacey. I'm going to miss you around the house. Take care of yourself okay." Trina says pulling back and rubbing my arms gently. I nod tears filling my eyes at all these goodbyes.

"I will. I promise." I say with a sobbing grin. Molly rushed forwards from where she is standing and wraps her arms around me.

"It's not going to be the same at home without you Lacey." She murmurs tears flowing down her precious face.

"I know lollipop. You can come visit loads okay. And I'll be home a lot to see you as well." I say, in an attempt to reassure both her and myself. Finally I'm left with my dad. Bradley hadn't been able to make it. So he had said his goodbye at my farewell dinner. And my mother. Well let's just say, a mention of mental health was able to get her to not come.

"My baby girl is all grown up." My dad says wiping at his eyes.

"She's still growing dad." I say falling into his arms. His arms were the first arms that held me when I cried. The first arms that showed me what true, real love was like. Loving me for me and not what I wasn't. Teaching me how to accept love.

"I'm gonna miss you Lacey." He murmurs with one last squeeze before pulling away.

"I'll miss you too dad." I say with a small smile. I turn around and make my way back over to Seth who has my bag.

He holds it next to him and looks at me with a small grin on his face.

"A kiss for your baggage malady." He says leaning forwards, lips at the ready. I roll my eyes and reach up on my tippie toes, pressing my lips to his. I go to pull away before Seth steps closer to me. I smile at this.

He breaks away with one last kiss to my nose before handing me my bag.

"Can all passengers on flight AS7297 please board now at gate 18." The speaker blasts through the airport.

"That's me." I say with a small sigh.

A chorus of voices create a wave of goodbyes that send waves of sadness through me. I wave, as I slowly make my towards the ticket scanner. I press my ticket against the block as it scans green. With one last look and a wave behind me I start forwards.

Starting towards my future. Starting towards tomorrow. Starting towards the next part of my life.

AUTHORS NOTE;

So yes that's a wrap wrap. I am very tired Rn.

I just went skiing and ugh it was so good.
Anyone ski or snowboard?

COVID is sorta back but not exactly in NZ. Auckland is in lockdown while the rest of us are just in precautionary measures. Social distancing and masks. What are you guys doing to stay COVID safe?

Anyway. I want a love like Seth and Laceys yk. I want to be in love with someone. Not in love with the idea of being in love. That's my biggest fear I think. Is living my life with someone who I love for the love we have and not them.

Idk anyone else?

Edit lmao: I am happily in love with someone. Lowkey conquered my fear of love or whatever.

Another edit: He was a cunt lol, literally traumatised me. But I'm in love again and he's cool.