11.

The other girls in the changing room look at me carefully. But stay silent. A few began to open their mouths, attempting to comfort me. Before closing their mouths, unsure of what to say.

I sit there thinking to myself, letting the slow steady tears stream down my face. My mind repeats the words, over, and over.

I find myself the last one there, looking around the empty room. I wipe my eyes with the sleeves of my hoodie. I walk out of the changing rooms.

My eyes peer around the abandoned car park and my heart instantly sinks.

Bea was meant to be my ride home. And there was not one single soul here. The parking lot was desolate. It was dark. And it was cold.

I pull out my phone from my pocket, biting down hard on my lip. Feeling the metallic taste of blood is drawn from my attempt not to break down in tears again.

I press on Leroy's contact.

No answer.

Then Jacob's.

Voicemail.

I press my dad's contact. Drawing in a shaky breath.

Voicemail.

I groan in frustration and let out a few sobs. I slide down against the exterior wall of the changing sheds. I let out a heavy sigh and dial the final number I'm willing to dial.

"Hey, everything alright?" Seth's voice says as he picks up the phone.

"No," I say letting out a sob. Pulling in long raggedy breaths.

"Hey what's up?" He asks his voice low, threaded with concern.

"Can you come and get me? I'm still at school." I sobbed, wiping the tears off my face once again. Smearing what was left of my mascara.

"I'm on my way. Hang tight. Stay close to the buildings out of sight. If anyone comes call me and stay on the line with me ok?" Seth replies immediately, authority and concern sending a warm feeling over me. A sense of safety.

"Ok. Thank you." I whisper.

"Doesn't Bea normally take you home?" Seth asks as if piecing something together. I can hear his car keys jingle in the background.

"Yeah. We had a fight. She left." I murmured. I hear low cursing over the line.

"Ok, I'll call you when I get there. Call me if you need me." He replies after a moment of silence.

"Will do. Thank you." I croak, hanging up the phone.

I let my head drop back against the wall as I close my eyes ad let the tears cascade down my face.

Sure Bea and I had had fights. But they hadn't been like this.

After what feels like three seconds, my phone flashes bright with a name. Vibrating to indicate an incoming call.

SETH

"Hi." I gulp into the phone.

"I'm here." He says gently. I turn and see a car roll in between the two brick gates that mark the entrance to the school.

"I see you," I respond, walking over to the car, pulling open the passenger door and hanging up the phone.

"Hi." He comforts, giving me a sad smile. I return it with barely a smile of my own.

I flop into the seat and rest my head against the headrest. Tears streaming down my face.

Each time I replay the conversation in my head, the pain replays. Like a fresh hit each time.