Falling For My Best Friend's Sister {28}

Lucky's POV:

I could sorta hear what Danny and Kassie were saying, but I also wanted a good view of things, so I cracked the door open a little bit. They were both quiet at first and Danny hadn't even noticed that she was here, he was leaning against the sink. Kassie was walking so carefully, as to make no noise. So, I texted her another message, which I probably shouldn't have done, because the loud beeping noise attracted Danny's attention. Kassie looked down and then back up through her eyelashes. She then turned her head to look at me, I smiled sheepishly at her. I noticed Danny's head turning to look at me, so I quickly snapped the door shut. When I was sure that Danny had looked away, I looked back out.

"What are you doing here?" Danny asked Kassie.

"I-are you alright?" she replied softly.

"I'm fine, why do you ask?"

"Because you're crying."

"I'm not!" Danny looked away and wiped a tear.

"Oh, he is such a liar! He's is so thinking about Sunshine!" I whispered to Sam.

"Um, if I did...or said anything, then I'm...I'm sorry." Kassie stuttered.

"It's-it's not you. I'm just missing someone right now." Danny said softly.

"Ok, then I'll leave you alone."

Kassie turned to leave, but I waved her back.

"Go on!" I mouthed. "Keep it going!"

Kassie turned back reluctantly.

"Um, Sam told me that you talk about me!" she blurted out.

"What?!" Danny turned around fast and I looked over at Sam.

"I'm so dead!" he muttered.

"Don't worry, I won't let him kill you." I told him.

I looked back and saw Danny's face burning up and I could tell Kassie was just as nervous. Danny walked over to her and lifted up her chin, forcing her to look up at him.

"What exactly did he say?"

"I-it, he-he...well..."

"Take your time."

Kassie sighed and looked down for a minute. Oh, how I felt like going over there and just smacking Danny for being so stupid, but this was about Kassie and I had to let her do it herself.

"Well, he..."

"Oh, I can't watch this! What have I gotten Kas into? Danny's killin' her out there!" I said, walking away.

"Hey, hey, it's not your fault." Sam assured me.

I couldn't take it anymore and just stomped right into the kitchen, immediately Danny dropped his hands and Kassie turned to look at me.

"Ok, look, you two are gonna be in this kitchen till ya dead, so I might as well help you." I told them.

I grabbed Kassie's arm and made her face me.

"Look, Kas, do you or do you not have feelings for Danny?"

Danny looked at Kassie expectingly.

"I...I-I." she stammered.

"Forget it." Danny turned to walk out of the room, before I could grab his hand to stop him.

"Wait! I do!" Kassie cried.

Danny turned and looked back at her.

"What did you say?" he asked softly.

"I do like you a lot. I've had a crush on you since I first saw, but I was afraid to actually tell you because you were so much more older than me and you're so popular and I'm nothing compared to you." Kassie would've continued babbling on and on if I hadn't stopped her.