Falling For My Best Friend's Sister {21}

Sam's POV:

A few weeks later, it was Lucky's birthday. Danny threw this huge party for her outside. So many people came, even her friends and some other people from school. It was 7:30 and instead of being happy, Lucky was all stressed out, worrying over which dress would look great on her. She made me and Danny stay through hours of dress picking. A few days ago, she bought home tons of good looking dresses, that would look hot on her, but she didn't which one was the perfect one for her. When she finally found some red dress, she put it on -- and man, did she look hot or what -- but, Danny didn't want her wearing it. So, she did the only other she could do to make Danny listen; using me. She sauntered up to me and smiled at me.

"Hey, Sam." she said.

"Hey, Lucky?" I stared at her confused.

"Don't you think I look nice in this dress?"

I looked her up and down and smiled, dazed.

"Uh huh."

"Well, then can you please tell Danny to let me wear it?!"

"Uh..." I stared at her for a while and then snapped out of it  when I heard what Danny said.

"Hmmp, I'd like to see you try."

"Ah, come on, Danny, it's her birthday. You can't refuse her on her birthday. It only comes once a year." I persuaded.

Danny crossed his arms across his chest and still didn't listen. After a few minutes of trying, Danny finally gave in.

"Fine, but I want you out of that dress, as soon as I see any guy eyein' you!" he warned.

"'K, thanks Danny, I love you!" Lucky ran over to him and gave him a hug.

Then she came back over to me and gave me a tight hug.

"Thanks, Sam, you're the best!" she said to me.

"Hey, anytime, sweet cheeks."

After that, the party started. Danny and I decorated everything along with some of our other friends. There were bright lights hanging over trees and poles. There were also a lot of tables and chairs placed outside for the guest to sit and eat. We hired people from a bakery to make the food. So, we pretty much, ended up using a lot of money, but it was worth it. After such a long week of bad things, I think Lucky deserves to have a really special birthday.

Once Danny went in and got her out here, she looked so surprised and sad at the same time.

"Hey, so, what do you think?" I asked her, grinning.

I noticed the tears in her eyes and my smile turned into a frown.

"Hey, what's the matter?"

"You guys are the best!" she grabbed the both of us into a hug.

"Hey, no crying on your birthday, princess." I heard a voice say.

"Huh?" Lucky looked up and we did too, it was her emo friend. What was his name again?

"Mike!" Oh yeah, Mike.

Lucky left us and ran over to him, squeezing him tightly. I saw his hands wrapped around her bare waist and it made me so...well, mad! He pulled away from her and kissed her cheek, making me even madder. Then some guy next to him did the same.

"Hey, there, Lucky!" a female voice said.

I looked up and saw her friend, who I had mistaken for Danny's sister. She was wearing a short white dress with really high heels, making her look taller than she already was.