Falling For My Best Friend's Sister {38}

Sam's POV:

I sat across from Lucky on her bed after everything was all settled down. But, before I could start speaking or even open my mouth, Lucky spoke up.

“I have nothing to say to you,” she said. “And I have no interest at all to talk about Jason either.”

“Oh, come on, it’s really important!” he insisted.

I saw her nervously look back and forth around her room and I wondered what was up with that.

“I-I can’t!”

”Why not?”

“Because I just don’t want to!”

Lucky was being really stubborn right now and I really hated it when she did that. There was a worried look on her face and with every word of protest, she seemed to be coming closer and closer to me. I didn’t really notice it at first, but when I looked down I noticed that she was almost on top of my lap.

I looked up and scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion. Her eyes locked with mine then. I saw her gulp and I wondered what that was about.

There was something odd going on with Lucky right now and I didn’t like it.

“But why can’t you just hear me out this one time, Lucky, and then I promise I’ll never bother with this topic ever again!” I pleaded.

She pursed her lips and looked around the room again, as if thinking and looking for someone at the same time.

What was wrong with her?! Why was she acting like this right now?

“What’s the matter with you?!” I demanded to know.

All of a sudden then, she just jumped up on top of me and pressed her lips with a hard force against mine.

She pushed me back on the bed and got on top of me. As much as I loved Lucky and have been holding myself back from her for so long, this was not the time that I wanted to smooch with her! I came over here for answers and I was not leaving until I got them!

I pulled away from Lucky and tried to push her off of me, but she just pressed her lips back against mine again. And I had to admit, after a while I stopped resisting her and just let her kiss me. I rolled over and pinned her down, so now I was on top of her.

I closed my eyes and started to nibble a little on her bottom lip. My mind suddenly forgot all about Jason and was only focused on Lucky.

So, I was pretty surprised when Lucky pulled away from me briefly and whispered to me, “I’m being watched…by Jason.”

My eyebrows scrunched up again as I tried to make sense of what Lucky had just now said.

“What are you talking about?” I asked her.

“Jason knows and hears everything that I do. He knows you’re here and I just can’t speak about him like this, not when he can hear every word of it.” she explained to me, before crashing her lips back against mine.

I nodded my head as I kissed her back sweetly.

Lucky pulled back and panted a little before saying, “A couple days ago, I got a gift from him and I think that may be the reason how he knows everything now.”

“What was it? A locket or something?” I questioned.

”No. It was a gun.”

“A gun?!” I exclaimed.

”Shh!”

Lucky pressed her hand across my mouth. I didn’t mean for my voice to come out that loud, but ever since that jerk came into the house and pointed a gun to her head, I’ve been feeling a bit jumpy every time the word ‘gun’ came up. It just brought me memories back to that night and how I couldn’t even save Lucky when he was was…ugh!

“What’s the matter?” Lucky asked me then.

“Nothing.” I shook my head.

Before I could say anything else, Lucky smiled and leaned forward, kissing me slowly and passionately.

I guess that kinda shook my feelings around, because after that I couldn't even think straight anymore.