Falling For My Best Friend's Sister {3} - Edited.

Sam's POV:

I couldn’t believe that Danny was back and here to stay for a good two years before high school was over. I wasn’t quite sure what the other guys in our jock group would think of him. I mean, he was the new guy and no one ever really liked the new kids.

But, he also had a pretty cool personality, way different from the type that he had when we were kids. He was so much shyer and quiet then and know he was loud and hyper; it makes me feel as if I never really quite knew him that well.

I invited him over to our table, so he could get to know the other guys and they could decide if he were good enough for us or not. I was kind of afraid of their answer; if it were yes, that’d be great, but if it were no, then...well, I’d never get to talk to him ever again. And that just wouldn’t be right. Danny didn’t know anyone else in this school besides me and I couldn’t just abandon him like that. It wasn’t nice.

But, I was also Sam Luna. The Sam Luna. The guy ever girl craved for and the guy that every other guy wanted to be! I was the leader and king of the jocks. I was the biggest and best since freshman year and I couldn’t just let all that go down the drain for a guy I haven’t seen since we were five, could I? I couldn’t let all my fans down, could I? I wasn’t really that selfish, was I?

I was lucky when I found out that they actually accepted him. It was such a relief to me and probably to Danny too, except he just didn’t know what would’ve bound to happen if he weren’t chosen. He would’ve been left all alone and dealt to make his popularity all on his own. He would have to choose his own friends then and face on all the challenges of being a new kid here all on his own. He couldn’t have made it all on his own. So, I was glad. Like, really, really glad for him and myself as well.

At the end of the day, I was walking over to my bike in the school parking lot, Danny followed next to me. We were talking about the different kind of sports there were here and what Danny had in mind for being a part of. So far, he seemed to be pretty interested in soccer and was thinking of joining the soccer team.

We first started talking about it in biology class where we sat together as lab partners. Danny seemed to go on endlessly talking about it that it even lasted after the bell rang as I walked to my locker to get my things out and then followed him to his so he could do the same. I wasn’t at all tired or pissed off at him. He had a love for soccer as did I and I knew what it felt like out there on the field, so who was I to judge him, a newcomer?

I was just about to turn around and bid him farewell, when all of a sudden I realized that he had shut up and his eyes were now stuck on my bright red motorcycle sitting in front of us, waiting eagerly for me to get on it and ride on home. I missed it a lot too, it was my first and I had bought it with my own money. I paid for the gas, I did the daily washings of it, and I even got it waxed every other week, so that it stayed perfectly shiny enough for me to see my own reflection in it.

“Whoa, this is your ride?!” Danny asked, looking at me incredulously.

I chuckled at the expression on his face, then thought of something.

“Yeah, you wanna ride on it?” I offered him.

“You’re serious?!”

”Um, yeah, I think so. So, you wanna or not?”

”Uh duh, of course I do, dude!”

“Great, I think I have an extra helmet in here somewhere,” I picked up the seat of the bike and started digging through it to find the black helmet I bought along with red one that I always wore. Finally, I found it under a bunch of candy wrappers and some empty and crushed cans of soda. “Here ya are.” I noticed the look on Danny’s face had changed then. His face had fallen and he was frowning. “Hey, what’s the matter, man?”