Falling For My Best Friend's Sister {24}

Lucky's POV:

That whole night, I thought about what I should. Should I tell Danny my feelings for Sam? But, what if Jason finds out about it and not just threaten, but actually hurt Sam? I don't even think I could ever live with myself if Sam ever got hurt because of me. Or Danny.

So, I had made my decision on what I was going to do. I decided to forget about Sam and deny my feelings for him. Even if it means breaking his heart -- which is a whole lot better than breaking his bones, if you ask me.

The next day, Sam came over to our house, while I was coming down the stairs.

"Hey, Sam, I'll be right back, alright? Just gotta go put on some clothes." Danny said, who had just gotten out of the shower. He wasn't done yet, he still had a lot of shampoo left in his hair.

"Alright. See ya in a few." he replied.

As he spoke with Danny, I could feel Sam's eyes on me. I looked down and gripped the stair railing, turning my knuckles white. After Danny ran back up the stairs, I was about to go up behind him, when I heard Sam call me.

I turned around and let go of the railing, I saw my hands turning red, then pink. Sam took my hands in his and made me walk over to him. He tried to kiss me, but I looked away.

"Sam, don't." I said coldly.

"What? Why? I thought you liked me." he said, with a hurt look on his face.

"Well, I don't."

"I don't believe you, you're kidding right? You kissed me back! You smiled, blushed, everything! I thought that you actually..." his voice trailed off.

Sam grabbed my face and made me look at him, but I broke free and turned away. I couldn't possibly look into his eyes, I would totally break down.

"Look into my eyes and tell me that you don't love me like I love you." he said sternly.

"No." I replied.

I tried to get away from Sam, but he grabbed me and pushed me against him, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist, like he had done that night.

"Say it."

"Fine!" I stared into Sam's face and said what he wanted to hear. "I <i>don't</i> love you like you love me!"

"Say it again."

"I don't love you like you love me."

"Again."

"I don't love you like you love me!"

As I said all this, I could tell Sam was getting closer and closer to me by each word.

"Again." he whispered.

"I don't love you..." I trailed off as my voice got softer and softer.

Sam grabbed my lips and started kissing me hard. I moved around in Sam's tight grip and tried to get one of my hands away. I guess Sam thought I was trying to escape, because he just tightened his arms around me. I moaned and kissed him back to show him that I wasn't gonna leave him anytime soon. That's when Sam loosened his grip a little, I pulled an arm out and then the other one and wrapped them around Sam's neck and into his hair.

'Well, so much of my plan to protect him.' I thought smugly.

That thought made me think of that night when he had come into the house and gave me that.... Ugh! I blocked the image from my head and my head flashed to a memory of when Jason and I had our first kiss. It was similar to the kiss that was happening now, except that the guys were different. I winced remembering the past and Sam pulled away from me. He probably didn't here it, because he just stood there, smiling at me.

"I love you, Lucky." he whispered into my ear, his lips brushing against my ear.

I smiled, feeling my face growing hot. Sam's smiled widened and he leaned forwards kissing my lips softly. Then, all of a sudden, I heard Danny's voice call for me.

"Coming, Danny!" I shouted back.

Sam placed a few more kisses on my mouth, I did the same, but Danny was making it harder to concentrate. I kept thinking what if he decided to come down and see what was taking me so long. What would I tell him then? I don't think I'm ready to tell Danny about Sam yet. I kissed Sam one last time, before going towards the stairs, or at least I tried to. Sam grabbed my waist again and pressed his lips with mine, just before whispering, "One more kiss." I happily agreed and stayed a little longer.

"Lucky, what's taking so long?!" Danny yelled.

"I'll be right there!" I cried. "I'll be right back." I added softer.

"Alright. Bye." Sam kissed my cheek and I bounded up the stairs.

I opened the door and shouted, "What?!"

"Could you hand me the towel?" his voice asked from inside the bathroom.

"There's a towel in the bathroom!"

"No, there's not. I looked."

"It's in the drawer!"

"Wait," Danny was silent for a while. "Oh."

"Ugh!"

I stormed back downstairs as Danny emerged from the bathroom.

"So, what'd he want?" Sam asked, noticing my anger.

"Something stupid." I replied.

"Oh. So, now can we go back to our...you know, kiss?"

I smiled, but then frowned.

"Nah, Danny's coming down any minute now." I said.

"Oh. Then maybe next time?"

"Sure." I giggled.

At the same time, Danny came down the stairs, wiping his hair. The two of them started talking and I walked back up the steps, glancing one last time at Sam.