Falling For My Best Friend's Sister {5} - Edited.

Lucky's POV:

The next day as promised, Mike drove his motorcycle to school and had told us about it during lunch. I simply couldn’t wait for the day to end after hearing about it then. And when it finally did though, Kassie and I raced outside to look out for it. I was the first to spot it and when I did, I started to suddenly get second thoughts about it. But, they immediately cleared up when I felt a soft hand on my shoulder.

“Ready to go, ladies?” I heard Mike say in my ear. I turned around to find his beautiful face staring at me expectantly.

“Uh yeah,” I answered him.

“Definitely.”

“Cool.”

I swear I could feel a cool breath of air on my face as I stared intently back into his eyes and suddenly, I could no longer feel the nervousness that was once all clogged up in me.

“Oh, this is gonna be so awesome!” Kassie squealed from next to me and I had once again forgotten that she was around and witnessing this as well.

I bit my lip from letting myself revealing my blush and nodded my head in agreement. Kassie and Mike went down the steps of the school and I followed behind them.

I was just about to walk over to the school parking lot when I felt a sudden grip on my elbow pull me back. I snapped around and was soon face-to-face with Danny.

“What?!” I asked him incredulously.

God, I can’t believe he’s about to seriously do this now!’ I thought angrily to myself.

“Where do you think you’re goin’ with that emo guy?” Danny replied back through his teeth.

“First of all: his name is Mike! And second: he’s letting me and Kassie take a ride on his motorcycle.” I pulled my arm away from him then.

“Well...!” he sounded pretty tired and I wondered if I should just stop it, but then he opened up his mouth again. “Sam told me that that guy isn’t good; he’s trouble. Real, big trouble.”

I shook my head at what he was saying. It was impossible and he was lying and we both knew it.

“Why would Sam care about me?” I asked aloud.

Just the thought of something like that made my ears burn bright.

“Well, I swear to God, if he hurts you in any way…!” he trailed.

I just rolled my eyes and placed my hands on hips.

“Lemme guess,” I added in.

“You’ll get Sam to beat him up for me?”

“You’re damn right I will.”

Wow, he sounds pissed.’ I thought to myself, dropping my hands.

But, I could see right through his act, so I dropped my attitude as well.

“Well, maybe it’s not Sam that cares so much about me, it’s you!” I accused him.

Danny stayed silent then and instead just sighed softly. I knew what was coming then. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and was staring down at his shoes.

“Danny…” I trailed off, not knowing what to say.

“Just...just be careful. Please!” he said softly then.

“I mean, I already lost one girl in my life, I really don’t need to lose another one.”

I knew Danny was talking about his late girlfriend, Sunshine. They were both really in love, but then one day she got into an accident and he was never the same again. He’s been pretty upset ever since then and that was one of the reasons why we decided to move back here – to help him forget about her already and just move on to someone new. As if that were so easy. I knew exactly how it felt to lose a loved one and it definitely wasn’t an easy thing to just get up and move on just like that. So, it wasn’t anything new for me when Danny was being a little overprotective over me all the time.