Falling For My Best Friend's Sister {22}

Lucky's POV:

Recap:

"Well, actually, you-you know her very well."

"Really? So, who is it then? Come on, you can tell me. It's the least you can do, after I gave you that great advice."

"Oh, well, it's...um..."

Now:

"Hey, it's alright, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." I assured him.

I smiled at Sam and started walking away. But, for some reason I felt weird. What was it? Jealousy? Envy? No, that's not possible, it's not like I'm in love with Sam or anything. I hardly know him. Plus, even if I did -- which would be insane -- he probably doesn't even like me back. But, I guess it would be nice if that happened. Whoa, hold up, did I actually just think that? I felt my heart beat quicken and started thumping loud in my chest. Whoa, what is the matter with me? I've never felt this way before...with anyone! Not even Mike. And I loved him like crazy. It's not possible that I actually like Sam, is it?!

"Lucky, wait, I need to tell you something." I heard Sam say.

I turned back around and Sam walked over to me. I felt the beating in my heart increase as Sam got closer and closer to me.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"I like you."

"I like you too."

"No, I mean, I really..." As Sam's voice trailed off, I slowly began to understand and my smile started to fade away.

Oh. My. Freakin' God! This cannot be happening! I felt Sam brush my hair back, I was so shocked, I jumped back and looked away. Then I felt Sam's lips on the side of my neck, that was enough to set me off. I turned around and leaped into Sam's arms, pressing my lips hard against his.

Wow, his lips tasted so great! He was such a good kisser, even better than Mike! While Mike's lips were sweet and sugary like candy, Sam's were spicy and like fire. It was so hot, but also so good at the same time that you couldn't stop kissing him until your heart burst through your chest. Man, kissing Sam was ten times better than kissing Mike. The more I kissed Sam, the greater I felt.

Wow, wow, wow! I can't believe this is actually happening! I can't believe Sam actually feels this way about me! But, the question is: do I really like him as much as he does? And vice-versa? But, I could always think about that later, for now I should just enjoy what's happening. It's not everyday a hot and smexy guy like Sam kisses a plain girl like me.

As I kissed Sam long and hard with my eyes closed, I felt his arms slide around me and squeeze my waist. I moaned softly and Sam placed tiny kisses on my lips. After a while, as Sam's arms slowly slid down my body -- causing a few more moans and groans to escape from my lips -- his lips slowly departed from mine. Once we were fully separated, Sam stared intensely at me. I knew a blush would soon start coming up, but I struggled to keep it away. I stared back at Sam, breathing hard.

"Lucky, I've been meaning to tell you for a long time now that I...I love you. I don't mind if you don't feel the same way about me, because it's not gonna change my feelings for you. I know I'm older than you and your brother's best friend, but I really, really love you," Sam said. "For a long time now, I've been getting these really weird mixed up feelings and I tried making sense of them, but as hard as I tried, I couldn't. But, now I know what they mean and why I've been getting them, it's because I'm crazy about you. And you might not care about all of this, but I just had to tell you, because if I didn't I think my heart was just about ready to explode. So, that's all I really have to say."

As Sam said all this, I just stared at him, not saying one word or even thinking about anything else. I didn't want to interrupt him or ruin the moment, so I just kept quiet. I heard Sam sigh deeply.

"So, tell me, do you or do you not love me back or even like a little."

I didn't answer him, I just thought if it was really true or not. Did I really love Sam or not? I started thinking about all those little moments we spent time together and how many times he comforted me. He was the most nicest and most sweetest guy I knew that wasn't taken and might be if I pick the wrong decision. That's when I realized, yes! Yes, I seriously loved Sam back! I smiled and felt my own face burning up, I couldn't hold it in me anymore.

"I-I..." I started, but was cut off by a familiar voice.

"Lucky?!" Danny's voice echoed through the air.

I looked back at the house and saw Danny waiting for me there. Then I looked back at Sam, he was still waiting for my answer. On his cheeks were a faint blush. I smiled and felt my own face burning up, I couldn't hold it in me anymore. I ran away, I didn't answer him, I just...ran. Too embarrassed to even look back once. With my shoes in my hands and the wind blowing my hair back, I ran down the hill that was in my backyard and back to the house. As I ran the thoughts of us both together ran in my head like a never ending movie. And as the wind blew my hair around, I remembered how Sam pushed my hair back. I could still feel his warm touch on my skin.

When I got inside, I slammed the door shut and felt the warm lights in the house basking onto my skin. I ran to my room and  plopped down on my bed, trying to keep my thoughts from going back to the kiss. It was romantic, so perfect, everything I ever imagined it to be like. The whole night I've been worrying that Jason might appear at any time to crash my birthday party, but Sam's kiss seems to have gotten rid of all my worries.

But, then I began thinking that Sam was right; he is older than me and Danny's best friend, what if this causes a problem? A problem similar to the problem I have with Jason? Uh oh, that can't be good.