Falling For My Best Friend's Sister {4} - Edited.

Lucky's POV:

Kassielyn may be the best-est friend I’ve ever had in my whole lifetime of living! I mean, she gave up being popular for me! How awesome and sweet was that? Only true friends are able to do such things and I knew now that she truly was a true friend and probably will continue to be till like the end of time – well, hopefully, she will anyway. And I will too.

When I asked her why she refused Crystal’s proposal, she just replied back like she didn’t even care even the slightest bit about it by saying, “Yeah well, being popular and reigning as Princess of Lexington behind her sounds a bit too boring and over dramatic for me,” she shrugged and added, “And besides, all Crystal ever even talks about is shopping, parties and guys! I mean, like seriously, it’s bad enough I have to put up with that every time we have a family reunion which is like every other month and now I’m supposed to like follow in her footsteps?! How stupid is that?!”

Before I could open my mouth to tell her that it’s probably not as bad as it sounds like and that maybe if she gave it a chance, she could probably end up liking it even. I don’t know why I was about to go and suggest that, but maybe it was because of that little nagging thought I always had whenever I met someone new.

It was a fact that whenever I made a new friend, something or the other would happen to them and they would get some type of bad luck and have to live with it for the rest of their lives. I mean, just look at Sunshine. What a great person she was before she met me and entered into Danny and our lives.

But, Sunshine’s from the past and this definitely wasn’t the time to relive that moment. Now was the moment to snap back into reality and remind Kassie what was the right decision to make and for all the reasons why she should.

She must’ve sensed that I was about to say something negative and not agree with her, because she beat me to it before I could even think of the right thing to say back to her.

“And do not even try to tell me wrong! Because I know her better than most people and let me tell you, it is not something that anyone would enjoy! It’s torture! Like pure, pure torture!”

I sighed and rolled my eyes at her.

”Oh come on, you’re a girl! You’re just as crazy about shopping and boys as the next girl! I mean, who doesn’t love guys?” I retorted back.

"Well, that is true," she grinned flirtatiously.

I laughed and soon Kassie joined in with me.

"You are impossible." I told her.

She immediately stopped then and leaned in close to me.

"So," she drew the word out. "Anyone caught your eyes lately?"

I grinned at her.

“Ah, not really,” I shrugged. “Not yet.”

I noticed Kassie brighten up then and I knew this couldn’t be good.

“Well, then why not have a little look around at some of our finest selections?” she gestured around the tables that contained some of the older guys and then some of the seniors. “We have three times of guys here: Cute; hot; and smexy.”

“Smexy?” I questioned her.

“That’s my word for sexy,” she winked at me, then groaned as she added, "Coz you know apparently, sexy can be considered as a "bad word" to some people."

I laughed and rolled my eyes at her again. “Are you sure you’re not being “over dramatic” about this right now? I mean, looks are not really everything there is to a guy. There’s other things that-“