Falling For My Best Friend's Sister {25}

Sam's POV:

A few days later, I told my mom and dad that Lucky and I have been dating for the past few days. Mom was real happy for me and dad thought it would be nice if I invited her over for dinner.

'Yeah right, like that's gonna happen.' I thought in my head as they suggested the idea.

"Yeah, I think it'd be better if I take her out to dinner." I replied.

"Don't worry, Sam, we won't say anything wrong to her, we learned our lesson." dad urged.

After a few more minutes of non-stop asking and pleading, I finally gave in, but only to shut my parents' mouths up. I called Lucky and invited her over, but she was worried about Danny finding out. We've been hiding the fact that Lucky and I were going out from Danny for a long time now, neither one of us wanted to be the one to tell Danny the truth. So, I thought it'd be a good idea, if Danny came over, but I had to make sure mom and dad told Danny nothing about us.

Anyway, that night, Lucky and Danny came over at exactly 8:30. Lucky looked gorgeous in a bright blue top with some jeans that looked a little ripped and worn out, she also had some blue sandals and an even brighter blue necklace around her neck. Danny had on a striped sweatshirt with some baggy pants and blue Chevron Allston trainers. I just had on a black leather jacket with a shirt underneath it and a pair of clean jeans that I found in my closet, with no shoes on.

"Hey." I said, leaning over to give Lucky a hug.

I meant it to be a casual one, but it ended up being longer than that. She had squeezed me so tight and I did too. I had started to move my hand around her back, but she pinched my arm back, making me realize what I was doing and quickly pull away. Then I went over to Danny and gave him a man hug, he apparently hadn't noticed a thing. He was too busy staring at my house.

"Nice place you got here, man." he said.

"Thanks. Come on in." I replied.

Lucky and Danny came in, taking their shoes off. I led them into the kitchen and then to the dining table. I noticed my parents were all seated at the table and the food were all served. Mom and dad were in there regular seats and I sat down in mine, after Lucky and Danny sat down. Lucky sat in between me and Danny. While we ate, we talked a little. Whenever mom or dad would almost reveal that Lucky and I were together, I would change the subject by either bringing something up about them or about the food.

All through dinner, I held onto Lucky's hand underneath the table and stroked it occasionally. I wanted to be with Lucky -- alone. But, I couldn't do that with Danny sitting right next to her. Then I started getting an idea.

"Hey, Danny, would you like some more beans?" I asked him.

"Sure. They're pretty good." he answered.

I passed him the whole bowl and let him have as much as he wanted. Then, once dinner was over, it happened. Someone had a little stomachache. And it certainly wasn't me. Danny had rushed to the bathroom. Lucky looked so worried, she wanted to see how he was doing, but I pulled her aside.

"Don't worry, Danny'll be fine." I said.

"But, he doesn't look so fine." she replied.

"Don't worry, he'll be over it in a half hour or maybe less."

"Wait a minute, you did this?" she sounded a little mad.

"I just wanted to spend some time with you." I wrapped my arms around Lucky, hoping to cool some of her anger down.

"Well...I guess I understand," she said softly. "But you sure, he'll be alright?"

"Of course, he's my best friend, it's not like I poisoned him or anything."

"Alright."

Lucky and I went up to my room and made out for a while, then we layed on the bed staring at each other.

"Lucky," I said, caressing her hair.

"Yeah?" she said.

"That day, why did you try to deny that you liked me?"

She looked up at me and then looked back down.

"I-I don't know, I was just trying to protect you."

"Protect me? From what?"

"Jason." she whispered.

"Jason?! I can stand up to him." I replied.

"You don't know Jason. You don't know how strong he is," Lucky got off my chest and sat up on the bed. "He's so much more older than you."

"How old exactly?"

"Nineteen."

"Damn! How old were you when you two first met?"

"I don't remember, it was so long ago."

I wrapped my arms tightly around Lucky and hugged her for a while. She leaned her head back against my chest and I kissed her cheek.

"Well, now that you told me something. I wanna tell you something now." I finally said, breaking the silence.

"What is it?" Lucky asked, turning her head a little to look at me.

"You remember that day when you had a broken nose and you were in the nurse's office?"

"Yeah and then you came in. What happened to your hand anyway?"

"Well, uh, it sorta got slammed by the boys' bathroom door."

"Oh," Lucky said. "Oh." she repeated, realizing what I meant.

"Yeah. I'm really sorry."

"It's alright. It's not like you meant it."

"Also, you know that day you and Danny had that fight? That was my fault too. I'm the one who told Danny about you and Mike." I continued.

"Wait, that was you?!" she pushed me away and turned to look at me.

"Hey, I'm really sorry. But, I just didn't like seeing you with other guys."

"Ugh, it's alright." she huffed.

"Good. Now relax."

We layed back down for a while, but then quickly separated when the door opened. It was Danny. He didn't even ask what we were doing, he just stood there clutching his stomach. Lucky quickly rushed over to him.

"Danny, are you ok now?" she asked him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But, I think we should go now. I'll see ya in school, Sam." he replied.

"Bye." I said, mostly to Lucky.

As she walked away with Danny, she looked back at me once more and blew me a kiss. I grinned happily and laid back down on my bed, Lucky's beautiful face stuck in my memory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: This waz a longish ch. I hope u all liked it.

Lucky's Outfit:

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=25556929

Danny's Outfit:

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=25556977

Sam's Outfit:

http://www.polyvore.com/sams_2nd_outfit/set?id=25557048