Falling For My Best Friend's Sister {2} - Edited.

Lucky's POV:

Sigh! Well, it’s the first of school for me and my brother, Danny, at Everglades High School and I gotta say, I’m feeling both sad for leaving and also just as happy for finally getting out of New York. You know how everyone says it’s a bad and rather weird place to live, because of all the things always going on in there? Well, they’re right to say all that. It’s all true. It is a horrible and weird place to live in alright, and there were so many times I was like this close to like leaving already, but I remained there and there were times when I totally regretted it.

So, when I heard from Danny that we were returning to California, I didn’t know what to really think or feel at all. I was just surprised is all, but he was right. There was too much danger and problems back there for us to handle, it was much safer here.

I used to live here, but after an incident occurred concerning Danny, our parents were forced to move us away to a place where less drama went on. Ha, as if New York was a much better place! But, it was their decision and I was too young to get a count in it.

I was going to be a fourteen year old sophomore here, whereas Danny was an eighteen year old senior. Weird, I know. But, it wasn’t like Danny asked to left back a year. It wasn’t his fault at all!

Anyways, I like seriously hated being the new kid at school. This was like the second time I was being forced to do this and even though I used to live in this town, it doesn’t mean that anyone even remembers me or Danny anymore. Ok, maybe they’ll probably remember Danny, but me? No way!

And besides, I’ve seen all the movies and read all the books, no one ever likes the new kids. Well, not until a little while later, of course, but it really depends on who you are and what you do that determines where you are put on the social ladder of every high school.

And to make matters even worse, mom just had to christen me with a name such as lucky. I mean, why couldn’t she name me something as simple as Linda or Lisa, or I don’t know, something common like Lucy?! Why Lucky? I mean, I like the name, it’s cute and it stands out, but it also stands out the wrong way.

Everyone’s always like asking me the same question over and over again: “Your name’s Lucky, does that mean you’re really lucky?”

And when I try to explain to them that it’s just a name, they choose not to believe me and just thinks that I’m only lying to them because I rather keep all the luck I’ve got hidden inside of me with me. So, instead they ignore my thoughts and just go ahead and use me, thinking that just because I was named Lucky, hanging around with me will cause some of my “luck” to rub off on them.

I mean, how stupid is that?! What am I, a leprechaun? I mean, I’m not even that short and I absolutely hate the color green!

And so, when I actually start to get to know them and start enjoying their company, they find out what I had told them in the first place was true and they go ahead and just ditch me for someone who’s better.

So, now I just stayed away from people like that and let them think what they wanted.

The reason why my mother dearest decided to give me a name such as Lucky was because at the time that I had gotten out of mom’s stomach, I looked awfully like a dead child. Normal babies would start to cry as soon as their eyes opened up to the bright lights of the hospital room, but not me; my eyes were as wide and opening as...well, as a deer caught in headlights, I guess.

The doctors had pronounced that I might not survive the night. They did their best and well, I guess either they were just really good at their job, or whereas mom thought of me as just plain ‘ole Lucky.