Falling For My Best Friend's Sister {9} - Edited.

Lucky's POV:

Over the next few days, I couldn’t help but notice that Mike’s been avoiding me lately. Just like last time, I discussed it with Kassie as she and I made our way to math class.

“Maybe…maybe he heard that I liked him and he didn’t want anyone else to find out and that’s why he’s keeping his distance from me.” I tried laying out some options that made sense.

“Uh, no way is that true! Like everyone already knows how crazy Mike and you are for each other. They’ve been known that, trust me, girl, no one knows about what’s true and what’s not better than I do and you know that too, don’t you?” Kassie told me straight up.

“Yes, but-!” she cut me off.

“No ifs, ands or buts. Now lemme tell you this in the easiest way that I can,” Kassie grabbed a hold of my shoulders and gripped them tight before slowly enunciating out her next words. "Mike. Like. You.’

“Dude, we’re not cavemen, I understand.” I laughed at her.

Kassie got off of me then as the final bell rang, signaling for everyone to get to their classes. I sighed, it was time for us to departure again; me to Math, Kas to English. God, what I wouldn’t do to switch with her.

“Bye sweetie and don’t start thinking too much again, if you know what’s good for ya.” she told me as she turned the corner to her classroom.

“I won’t and see ya.”

I continued walking through the almost empty halls when all of a sudden, the door to the boys’ bathroom flew open and hit me directly in the nose. The hard impact of it pushed the door back closed and sent me crashing down to the ground. Everything looked dark and fuzzy to me and I had a hard time of seeing what was what in front of me.

A few of the remaining people that were walking around rushed over to me, one of those people including Mike. They started asking me if I was ok or what had happened. I didn’t say anything back since I wasn’t really in the best position to answer them anyway.

“Hey Lucky, are you alright?” I recognized Mike’s voice immediately out of all of them.

“Not really!" I answered him.

"C'mon, sweetie, I'll take you to the nurse's office."

Mike helped me up the ground and I moved my hand away from my face to see it covered in blood. I started crying then because it hurt so much, but crying seemed to have only made it feel worse.

I felt Mike lean over then and pick me up bridal style to the nurse’s and though I should’ve been enjoying the moment – because hello, things like this don’t really happen every day and especially to me! – but I was just in so much pain that I couldn’t really think of anything but wanting to just get rid of it already.

Make me unconscious, cut my nose off, do anything, but just make the pain stop!’ I moaned to myself.

Once we were in the room, Mike set me down on one of the beds. I looked around for the school nurse, but she was no where to be found whereas the door was left open.

Mike didn’t really seem to care about that though because he started trying to dab the blood off my nose with a few cotton balls he found lying around.

“Ow! Ow! Ow! Mike, stop please, it hurts!” I cried.

“I’m sorry,” he immediately apologized. “I really am.”

Mike took a seat next to me on the bed and stared at the ground. We were both silent for a while, until I finally broke the silence.

“You’ve been avoiding me,” I spoke up. “Why?”