Falling For My Best Friend's Sister {11} - Edited.

Lucky's POV:

The next day, after school, Mike dropped Kassie off at her house first and then came back to school to pick me up. I was actually the one to tell him to do it – giving Kassie an excuse an about how I had some study group thing to go to for Physics - but really I just wanted some alone time with Mike.

It was Mike who drove us home this time and the whole entire ride he was absolutely silent – not that I minded that too much, I had a lot on my mind anyway.

It was finally when we had come to a complete stop when he spoke his first words.

“Turn around.” He muttered to me.

I did as he said and turned around in my seat to face Mike. He held my hands in his and looked deep into my eyes.

“Lucky, I-“ he began, but I cut him off.

“Can you, um, actually just tell me after a few minutes? Please?” I silently begged him. “I just really want to cherish these few moments left with you. The only reason I told you to do any of this today was so we could be alone with no one to disturb us. Please!”

Mike didn’t say anything back then and instead just smiled faintly at me and brushed back my hair with his two warm hands. He leaned close towards me again as if he were about to kiss me and then just stopped himself, like he was always doing these days.

Instead, he began brushing his lips against the side of my face. I shut my eyes and sighed happily. This was probably as close as he was going to get, so I might as well just enjoy it instead of complaining about it. But, I also couldn’t handle the feeling that was bubbling around in my stomach. It was a feeling of want; a craving.

I snapped my eyes open and looked straight at Mike with a determined look on my face.

“Kiss me.” I ordered him.

Mike still didn’t say anything, so it wasn’t exactly an approval or a deny, but he was hesitating.

“Please!” I begged him then, my face closing in on itself and tears already appearing at my eyelids.

Mike finally gave in to that then and leaned in so close to me that I could practically feel his lips touching mine. I was just about to grab his lips with my own and devour them in seconds and…

LUCKY!” someone across from us shouted.

I quickly re-opened my eyes to find Danny standing before us. Gasping, I quickly shoved myself away from Mike as he did the same, but it was too late, Danny had already seen everything. Danny marched over to us, seething, face red, and all teeth clenched.

“Danny, I-“ I tried to calm him down, but when he shot me an angry glare, I immediately shut up.

“I warned you to stay away from him! Didn’t I?” My eyes turned sad and my heart crushed. “Didn’t I?!”

“Yes, but-!” I tried speaking up again, but Danny didn’t want to hear it.

“So, then why didn’t you?!”

I didn’t even try explaining it, because it wasn’t really something I was ready to say in front of Mike and I was pretty sure Danny wouldn’t even give me a chance to do it either, and even if he did, it would just make him even more pissed.

“Whoa, dude, why don’t you just chill out a little and we can all talk about this nice and calmly?” Mike pushed in then.

“I see my baby sister locking lips with some-some freaky emo guy and you want me to ‘chill out’?!” Danny screamed at him then.